𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

Haitani Rindou

The entire mansion decorated in white, the combined smell of flowers and champagne filled the entire space as I overlooked the foyer from the second floor.

I lean on the wall dully, eyes gazing down at the party of a few people with a deep frown. The other members were mingling with that woman's family, as a show of the union between two families.

I couldn't help but scoff at the sight. They're all such good actors, making it seem like this entire thing isn't a sham at all.

It was a marriage between a Haitani and a Suna, if this was actually real, they would've atleast made the ceremony grander.

Moreover...

I gave the partying bunch one last snicker before heading to the bride's room.

Opening the door, I announced lazily "Knock, knock"

"You're not supposed to open the door first, idiot." Koko sighs, dropping the pen on the table.

He moves away, gathering all the papers, which I assume to be a bunch of contracts that he coerced her into signing as a new member of bonten.

Finally letting me get a glimpse of her, all dressed in white, hair and makeup elevating her sophistication, she gave Koko one last nod before he leaves the room, checking herself in the mirror in front of her.

She looked so elegant, one would easily fail to notice the slight trembling of her hands as she tries her best to hide them out of one's sight.

If Ran wasn't marrying her, I definitely wouldn't hesitate on taking a shot at her.

But fate has other plans.

"You still have a chance to flee, you know" I lean on the closed door this time, observing her carefully "You don't belong in this world."

She closes her eyes, smiling at my words "You think too highly of me, Rindou."

The door suddenly bursts open, pushing me down on the floor.

"He's right." A voice speaks out, approaching the girl.

Damn it, Ran!

"You'll not be only dragging yourself, but also your family into the underworld" Ran continues.

He takes hold of her shoulders, massaging them soothingly as to rid of her anxiety.

She sighs heavily, eyes full of determination as she stares straight at the mirror, a reply not only to us but also to herself "Then, consider me welcomed to hell"

Ran smiles to himself, proud of the woman he chose, well, the one who he agreed to tie himself down to, rather.

"That's my wife. Not that I was letting you go anyway" he whispers proudly.

At that moment, I didn't exactly know what was going on in their minds.

They came to their own agreements without us knowing anything anyway.

But I'm sure he reminisces about the same memory I had in mind a thousand times too.

Three months ago, when this woman-- his now bride, barged into Bonten's hideout boldly, despite all the odd looks and wariness from the other executives thinking she was an enemy, still bravely called out to Ran asking for his hand in marriage.

"Everyone, there's no need to be wary of me. I'm merely here with a proposal I suggest you not to reject" she spoke clearly.

"Oh, and what would that be?" Takeomi questions, cigarette hanging between his lips as he readied a weapon behind his back.

"Stand down", Mikey orders.

"You people are so uncultured. Don't you know who that is?" Koko insults amusingly.

"Of course I know." Takeomi bites back "That's Suna Masumi. The only daughter of the Chairman Suna, the one who leads one of the largest conglomerates in Asia."

She ignores Takeomi, eyes shifting to my older brother, before slowly approaching him.

Ran eyes her up and down, observing her.

Despite his readiness for anything she might do, he was still caught off guard by her next actions.

She knelt down in front of him, taking out an envelope from her suitcase and offering it to him before uttering the words "Marry me, Haitani Ran"