02 | 𝘈𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘔𝘦

A loud silence engulfed the entire hotel room as the brunette stared longingly at the view of the sunset from the open balcony.

She takes a sip of the wine, leaning on the wall vacantly as she recalls the argument she had with her mother a few days prior.

"Masumi please. Just apologize, alright? That way, dad can forgive you and everything can return to the way it was" her mother pleads, holding her hand as her eyes remained on the ground "It breaks my heart to you like this."

"It... breaks your heart? Why? Because he ended things with me to be with another woman? Or that you think you've lost the bridge that connected our company to theirs?" Masumi's voice was as quiet as it can get, both shame and resistance hinted as she tries to search for any support from her own mother, only to fail miserably.

"Honey, sometimes you have to learn to be flexible. Please, I'll contact him for you okay? I'm certain you can work things out."

Masumi looks at her mother in the eye "I can do it mom. I can rebuild that bridge without any need for marriage. I just need you to give me more time."

Seeing the frown forming on her mother's lips was enough of an answer to what she'll say next "Do you think this is just about the company? If you can't even keep a man by your side then how will your father allow you to take over SNA in the future! Think of what the people will say, Masumi! Don't lose your worth over a mistake!"

Masumi retracts her hand from her mother's hold, tears forming as she gathers all courage she has to look her straight in the eye "Are you implying... that I only have value when I marry a rich man like him?"

"What else is there to you, Masumi? A privileged child, spoon fed with all the fine things in life and even being handed out a successful life plan. Fix this, Masumi. Fix yourself. Your father is getting impatient and I can't calm him down any longer"

That was the last she's heard from her mother, or any of her parents to be exact. Because after that, she had no choice but to save the little love she felt for them left and escaped from the house, having to stay in one of the hotels they owned.

It's not like it was her ex lover's fault either. They were both being forced into a marriage they didn't want.

The only difference between them was that she got attached, yet despite trying, the longing for another woman won him over.

No matter how painful, she respected that.

She just never thought he'd actually break their engagement behind her back, which led to the situation she was in now. 

Fortunately, despite the crazy plan she just presented to a bunch of criminals, it might actually work. If they agree, that is.

Just as she begins pondering about the plan once again, a sudden ringing from her phone surprises her.

Carefully checking who it was first, she answers.

[Hello, may I speak to Miss Suna?] A familiar honey-like voice greets.

"Speaking"

[This is Haitani Ran. Would you like to have dinner together?]

Although he couldn't see it, she raises a brow in confusion "Of course."

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

"You goin' somewhere, Brother?" Rindou asks, watching a half naked Ran heavily judging his own suits, trying to find even the smallest flaws in them.