*✿❀~.𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮.~❀✿*

✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿

"Mom! Dad! Look what I made!" a young little girl, maybe 9 years old, was holding a drawing that they made with their own hands. The parents didn't pay attention to the drawing, but they paid attention to her calling the mom and dad.

"(Y/N), we told you many times to call us 'Mother and Father', not 'Mom and Dad'", the older woman, the 'Mother' said with disappointment laced in her honey-vocal voice. The 'father' did nothing but drink his alcohol, with an angry look that was directed at the child. The little girl frowned but tried the sentence again.

"Sorry. Mother, Father, I made a drawing for you both," she said as her "mother" took it from her little hands with a harsh yank. She looked at the drawing.

The drawing was neatly drawn, with no mistakes. The only thing that she did not like was the fact that the drawing was of their family, all together, holding hands, and smiling. Like they were an actual family. I guess she hated it, including the "father". She crumbles it up and throws it on the ground with a grumble.

"You call that a drawing? You need to paint! Not draw! As well as to play the piano, not being a boy! Girls are supposed to be beautiful, slim, and perfect. You are not, you are a disgrace to this family and not perfect! We will make you perfect either way. Now, go fetch me a glass of wine, and go straight to your room to practice painting!"

"Mother" yelled at the poor girl, who was trying to hold back the tears forming in her eyes. She was way too young for this kind of stuff. She sucked in a harsh breath, nodded, and walked away to the kitchen. When she brought back the wine, the "Mother" ripped the bottle out of her hand and poured a glass for herself.

(Y/N) slowly walked to her room with a few tears dripping down her tinted face. As she walked to her room, she saw her older sibling, Li Ming, who was the age of 13 years, outside her bedroom door, waiting for her. As soon as Li saw her face, they could tell something was wrong.

"What happened? Was it mother and father again?" they asked with a knowing tone. Since they were the oldest, they had to do the protecting of the younger child. The young child could only nod as Li hugged her. "It's okay, (Y/N). They're just dumb, they will pay for this stuff, " they said and looked at the child dead in the eyes. "And we will leave this family. I promise."

*✿❀~.𝟨 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝐿𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇.~❀✿*

"I don't want to marry anybody!"

"Stop being a child, you are coming of age where you have to choose marriage, " the mother said with a harsh tone. (Y/N) wasn't even 16 yet, and her mother and father were making her get ready for marriage when she was 18.

"I have a choice, and it's to not marry anybody yet! Why can't you just accept that?!" the young teenager yelled with anger. The mother only grimaced at her daughter's tone as she got in her face. "I am your mother, and you listen to ME! You are a woman, and a woman needs to be perfect! Nothing less! If you do not learn your lesson, you will be out of the house wishing you had someone for you!"

She could only stare as the woman was screaming in her face with anger. She did not ask for this family, why did it have to be her and Li Ming? Just, why?

"Now, we have a meeting with an old friend of ours, we want the place spotless when we come back, " the woman said as she was out of the room. (Y/N) stood there, she could only think about what her life has become. She took a few breaths before she ran out of the house. She knew a place she goes to blow off steam.

She goes there all the time with Li Ming, it was an old part of the city. It had a great view of the ocean and all of its glory and beauty. We like to come here all the time when we are upset. When we first found this place, we snuck out when I was 13, and they were 17. We snuck out because we just wanted time for ourselves for once. We stumbled upon this old place, and ever since then, we've kept on coming back here.

I still wish I had someone for me, like, someone who understands and listens to me...

✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿

The top picture is my OC, Li Ming. The reader's sibling. They are nonbinary and go by they/them pronouns and are bisexual. Please be respectful about my decisions for my OC. Thank you.