Chapter 3

School ended and I find myself sitting in the school bus on the way home. Ethan and martha went to this pizza place and invited me earlier. I really want to go but I know mom would go cave man at me, so I just told them i'll be there next time.

Walking towards my house. I saw mom talking to a woman. I think she lives next door. She's in her mid 30's. Looking slim with short dark hair.

I tried to avoid my mom from seeing me but the odds are just not nice. "Chris. Come here. I'd like you to meet Mrs. Brook. " said my mom. "You can call me Anna. You must be Joy's daughter " Anna said. She held up her hand an I took it. " Nice to meet you Mrs. Brooks. I mean Anna. " I smiled politely. Would you like to come in. I keep on asking your mother to have coffee insde but she doesn't want to come in" she said.

That's my mom. She isn't comfortable of you meet her for the first time. I'd say give her a week and you'd be her bestfriend.

"I would love to, but I need to do an Essay for History tomorrow." I said.

"What? Isn't it your first day? " my mom asked. Practically she's confused. My old school usually gave us free time fot the first 3 days. After that we do some school work. It is totally different here. I kinda miss my old school.

"You must be going to the same school my son's going to. " Anna said. " He could give you a ride tomorrow if you want. " she suggest.

I was about to protest but my mom cut me off. "That would be fantastic. " she said. "No it's okay. I don't ne-" i wasn't finished talking when Anna said. " non sense. He will pick you up tomorrow". " well it's nice to talk to you but I need to cook dinner. Maybe nextime you could have dinner with us. Bring your son too. " my mom said. "we would love that. " We bid each other farewell and went home.

Mom tried to ask how my day was but i just ignored her. When she unlocked the door i went quickly inside but she grabbed m wrist.

" Honey what's wrong ?" like she doesn't know. "Why did you agree to let her son take me to school. I dont even know him yet. " i said. Clearly i was annoyed. Like what if his son is a sycophant?
What that could happened.
" So? You can get to know him better if you'll ride with him every morning." Every morning??!! What.

"ugghh. Im going up now. I wont have dinner." I mumbled. "Okay. " she replied and went to the living room. She didn't even try to ask if I as sure.

I went to my room and dumped my bag to the floor. I heard my phone beep. I have a message. It's from Ethan.
Hey
-Ethan
Oh my bananas. How did he get my number? As if reading my mind I got another text from him.
I got your number from Martha. Hope you don't mind
-Ethan

I replied quickly.
No it's fine. You should just asked me for it.

Yah. I was kinda shy asking for it. :)
-Ethan

Why would you be? We're friends.
-me

I dont know. Hahaha. Maybe i just think you wouldn't give it.
-Ethan

Actually I was thinking if I could ask yours.
-me

Well i'll give you my bank account number if you asked. :-P
-Ethan.

Dont worry I wont.
Me

We texted until 10pm and I starting to get sleepy. He asked me about my assignment for history tomorrow which I already finished. I still want to talk to him but I fell asleep moments ago. I was jolt by the beeps of my phone.

Well i think it should be nice to go for ice-cream tomorrow.
Ethan

After five minutes he texted again.
Do you want to come with me?
Ethan
Then another text.

It's okay if you dont want to.
Ethan

Then another

Hello?
Ethan

Then the last one

You must fell asleep. I'll just see you tomorrow. Good night sweet cheeks. ;-)
Ethan

Im so stupid. Why did i fell asleep. I replied to him.

Im sorry I fell asleep. Sure, i'd like to go with you. Sweet cheeks? Nevermind. Good night.
Me

I fell so giddy right now. Did he just asked me out? Well must be. Or he just really wants to eat ica cream. But why with me? Oh well. I already said yes.

I can't wait for tomorrow. Tomorrow.

Reminds me that i would be havibg a ride to school with Anna's son. Now im feeling nervous. What if he would not really pick me. I think it would be better that way. I'd like to ride in the bus. Ethan would be there. I feel my eyes getting heavy so I just closed them. Tomorrow is going to be an exciting one.

Author 's note~
Im sorry it took so long to get another chapter finished. And this one is short. I will try to make one this weekend. What do you think of this one? I want to know.

Much love,
FSB <3