chapter two : milo

There's two things I've come to the conclusion of:

The first is that hang over's suck.  

Secondly, never am I ever staying out late again and where I have sex with random strangers, no matter how amazing he was.  

I wouldn't say that I was drunk last night but I did drink quite a bit last night.  The guy I slept with last night, Patrick, had left already.  When I looked at the time and noticed it was two in the afternoon when I finally woke up and my eyes widened.  Walking out into the kitchen, I found a bottle of aspirin and got one out as I took it with water and found some Gatorade to hydrate myself.  Making myself some lunch.  

After I ate lunch, I went into the bathroom and did everything to get ready for the day - took a shower, brushed my teeth, did my skincare routine and added some makeup to my face and eyes when I noticed some hickey's on my neck that made my eyes widen.  I ended up getting out my full coverage foundation and some color correctors as I tried to hide them the best I could.  

I noticed that Natalia wasn't here.  She was probably out getting some more things for the house.  Since the house was empty, I asked Alexa to play some music while I opened up my MacBook Pro and checked my emails.  

There were a few emails from our boss which talked about what our first day would be like and how we would be going to Arrowhead Stadium afterwards to interview a few players before the season begins.  

On the list were the names Travis Kelce, Harrison Butker, Tyrann Matthieu, De'Anthony Thomas (which I was super excited about since I had been a big fan of his since he played for the Ducks in college) and Patrick Mahomes.

*

It wasn't until an hour later that I heard the front door open but no one came in.

"Natalia?" I called out and moved closer to the door but stopped when I heard little pitter patters of nails hitting our wood flooring which made me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Oh my God, he's so cute," I exclaim as I bend down and he comes running over to me and giving me puppy kisses which makes me squeal.  "Hey, little guy."

"Isn't he?" She gushes getting on the floor as well and petting him as we give him attention.

"What kind of dog is he?" I ask her looking up.

"They say he's a yellow lab and golden retriever mix," she smiles.  "He's three months old.  You don't mind do you?  I'm sorry it's just I just know how much you love dogs too and I just couldn't say no to him.  They said he had been there for a couple weeks and no one claimed him and no one wanted him."

"Aw," I pout slightly.  "Obviously we just have to keep him then.  Isn't that right?" I say with excitement and the dog gives a little puppy bark which makes us laugh.  "Do we need to go to Pet Smart and get anything?"

"Yeah," she nods her head with a smile on her face.  "And we can bring him with us.  What should we name him?"

"Hm, Lucas?"

"Nah," she shakes her head.  "Thor?"

"I don't know," I say as I look at him.  "He doesn't look like a Thor to me.  Oh, I know!  What about Milo?"

His ears perk up at the name slightly as his head tilts to the side and we both look at each other.

"That's it," Natalia says.  "Are you ready to go to pet smart, Milo?"

His tail wags and I pick him up and carry him as he cuddles into my arms.  They had given Natalia a leash when she bought him but I wanted to get him an extendable leash for when we go on walks or to the dog park.