chapter five : late nights

The alarm went off as my eyes were still closed and my hand moved around trying to find my phone that was somewhere in my bed.  Finally I found it and opened up my eyes as I squinted, still trying to adjust to the light.  When I unlocked my phone, I double-clicked the home button and went to my clock app as I turned off the alarm.  Letting out a sigh of relief, I rubbed my eyes and pulled the duvet covers off me as I swung my legs over the edge of my bed and walked to my bathroom to get ready.  

After going to the bathroom and washing my hands, I did my minimalistic morning skincare routine and put on some makeup for the day.  Since I had to go into the studio today, I decided to go business casual for my outfit.  I chose a royal blue blouse and high rise slim pull on pants that were grey and got my flats out as well.  I asked Alexa to play music as I got ready and straightened my brown hair.  

It was getting long as it was just a little past my breasts which let me know I needed to get a cut soon.  I never liked my hair being super long.  The longest its ever been was to my waist and then I got it cut to my shoulders as I gave my hair to a charity that helped children with cancer.  

After I was dressed and ready for work, I went out and greeted Milo and gave him a kiss in-between his eyebrows.  He's grown so much since we got him.  He's now four months old and his puppy training has been going really well.  At first he kept on wanting to chew the leash and play with the other puppies but then he got the hang of it and he was going to be graduating puppy training the end of this month.  

"Hey," Natalia greets me when she comes out. 

"Hey," I give her a small smile.  Neither of us were morning people which I was thankful for.  "Can you believe we've been here for almost a month?"

"No," she shakes her head and I get out my morning oats I had made the night before and add more almond milk to it before I start eating them.  "You?"

"No," I answer as Milo comes skidding over and scratches at my legs as I bend down and pick him up so he sits in my lap and licks my neck with kisses which makes me laugh.  "Thank you," I tell him as I kiss his head and go back to eating.

*

We were in the studio today and I was in the production area where we were watching my interviews and they were going to put them all together for the next segment.  We were watching my interview with De'Anthony Thomas and it got me excited for the upcoming season.  

After we were done viewing the interviews for them to be on ESPN when the start of the season began, I headed into my office.  One of the perks of getting this job.  

"Hey, good work with interviewing the Chief's players," my boss, Ben, tells me and I smile at him as I thank him.  "Think you would be okay with the fact that Coach Reid wants to hire you?"

"Really?" I asked excited.  "Yes!  I'd love that!  Thank you."

"Don't thank me, thank Coach Reid.  He's the one who fought for you.  He wants you over at the stadium tomorrow to discuss a contract to sign you."

"Wait, if he wants to sign me would I still be here at ESPN?" I ask him confused about how these different contracts go.

"Yes," he nods his head as he leans against the counter.  "It gets a little tricky when you're new to the business like you are, so if you need time to look over at their contract or have any questions you can always ask me too."

"Thanks," I tell him sincerely and he nods his head as he then leaves my office.  

I still couldn't believe I had an office.  Mine was pretty plain but off to the side on my desk on a bulletin board, I had pictures of me with my family, Natalia and I, me with Kobe Bryant and another with Tom Brady.  The newest one is of us with Milo and it was a polaroid.  It's funny how quickly dogs become part of your family.