pearl

Pearl is that you, I heard Anna's voice as I entered the house.

I ignored her voice and started walking up the stairs.

Pearl, she called out and I stopped walking. What do you want, I asked without turning to face her.

What's wrong, she asked ignoring my question.

Nothing, I replied and continued walking up the stairs.

I heard her call me again but I ignored her and rushed into my room, I dropped my bag and walked to the mirror, what am I going to do now, the party is less than 24houts from now, I thought as I touched the bruise.

I walked to my drawer and brought out the first aid box.

Once I was done with cleaning the wound, I applied some makeup and when I was satisfied with the way my face looks like, I went to the kitchen to look for what to eat.

I brought out a plate poured cereal into it, then started eating.

Why did you behave like that when you got back, Anna said as she entered the kitchen.

Nothing, I said and continued eating.

It doesn't look like nothing to me, she said taking a sit beside me.

Well I'm fine, I said and she hummed.

What happened to your face she asked and I looked at her. Nothing why are you asking, I asked.

You are quite good at hiding the bruises on your face though, she said staring at me.

How do you know I have bruises, I made sure to cover it well, I said touching my face and Anna scoffed.

I have been in fights countless of time and I get injures from them. Everytime, I cover it up well without anyone finding out and you think I wouldn't notice, she said and I looked at her with wide eyes.

Don't look at me like that, the fighting helps to deal with all my emotions, she said and I nodded.

So you like look for people's trouble, I said and she rolled her eyes.

You behave as if, you don't know that people organize fights underground and they make money by betting, she said and I looked at her in shock.

I didn't know that, i said with a slight frown. Let's not change the topic who did this to you, she asked and I stopped eating.

It's non of your business Anna, I said slightly getting irritated.

Tell me, what happened. If someone is threatening you we can tell Theodore, she said and I stood up angrily.

Mind your fucking business Anna, I said and started walking out but stopped in my track.

I would appreciate if you do not tell anyone not even Lola and Roser, i said without turning around and leaving the kitchen.

****************************************
Friday night came within a flash and I am fully dressed with my bruises covered up with make up.

Pearl, Theodore is here Anna said walking into my room. Wow you look gorgeous she said with a smile.

Thank you, I said picking up my purse and pecking her. I walked down the stairs and headed to the door.

I smiled when I saw him and he returned it.

You look stunning, he said not taking his eyes of me as he held out his hands to me,and I took it gladly.

Thank you, you don't look bad yourself, I said and he led me to his car.