Chapter 6

"Damn it!" dad exclaimed and slammed the door after we got home.

"Hon, calm down," mom tried to calm him down through rubbing his back. But dad seemed furious and at the same time, depressed.

Umiling na lang ako sa tagpo nilang dalawa at nauna nang umakyat sa taas.

I was about to enter my room when I saw Elly's room next to mine that gave me the urge to answer my question if, who is Luther Olivar in her life? Since from what that police said, Luther and Elly appears as acquaintance.

I walked towards Elly's room and began to look for anything that could answer my question.

Mom and dad forbids me from entering Elly's room. Dahil baka something unacceptable might happen. They act like as if I'm a bad bacteria that could make their precious Elly dead-sick.

Elly's room is the total opposite of mine. She has pastel-colored walls while I have dark one. She has walk-in-closet inside, while I just have a closet. Well, to address it in a concise manner, her room has the calming ambiance. While mine has the depressing one. As if I care tho.

Itinuon ko na lang ang atensyon ko sa paghalughog sa mga drawer sa ilalim ng kama n'ya. Wala naman akong ibang nakita rito maliban sa mga ma-bulaklak na headdress. How childish.

I was about to close the last one when I noticed a vintage paper. It has a lace tied to it. And it also has a dried daisy attached to it.

I picked it up and started to untie it.

Elly is an old-fashion stupid girl. So there's no doubt that she likes keeping stupid things that looks like it even came from the Renaissance's period.

To my Elly,

I smirked when I read the first set of words written on it. A love letter. A stupid-silly love letter.

Halos maduwal ako habang binabasa ang ka-dramahan sa buhay ni Elly. In the letter, it says how much the sender loves her. He even recalled and wrote their moments together on the streets and eating some street foods. Their moments in the park, the piggy-back ride, their first time in entering cinema together and even their first confessions to each other. Holy cow!

Ngunit mas lalo lang akong napangisi nang mabasa kung kanino galing ang love letter.

Adorably yours,
Luther
June 10, 2005

Bingo.

June 10, 2005. We were still in our freshman year in our college during that time. And clearly, she's not allowed in seeing someone.

I closed the drawer and took the letter with me.

When I entered my room, I found some of my clothes that has stains of blood scattered on the floor. Seems like I forgot to clean it last night.

I heaved a sigh instead and put the letter inside my drawer and took my clothes after.

May mantsa ng dugo ang t-shirt na suot ko kagabi dahil sa sugat ko sa kamay na hanggang ngayon ay medyo kumikirot pa rin. I could have been so mad about this, but good thing I was able to successfully eliminate the one that caused it. Stupid bottle.

***

After cleaning my room and editing my manuscript, I decided to walk down to the living room with the letter. Now is my chance to show them how their lovely-little Elly turned her head from them.

Pagkarating ko sa sala ay eksakto namang naroon sila mommy at daddy. They were both drinking coffee while dad is talking on the phone.