Chapter I .

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

   Waking up sun blazing in my eyes, groaning I roll over on my stomach my curly hair attaches itself to the trail of saliva running down my mouth.

   Finally deciding to wake up I take a shower and brush my curly dark locs.

Getting dressed into grey sweatpants with a matching top, walking into my kitchen meeting my sister Na'lia who's decided to make breakfast.

"Oh shit Lala you can't do that you scared the fuck outta me!" She says in a giggly tone raising her hand to her heart, while she makes some breakfast.

I walk over to the cabinet and grabbed a paper plate, neither of us wanted to do dishes.

After breakfast, I was going to another recording session with my producers at Interscope Records. For my new album I was producing "Rock the Boat" (original creator Aaliyah ) for my new album. We were recording one of the songs "More Than a Woman" we had finished "U Got Nerve" a couple days ago, just as I walked into studio 5 my producer Andre Young was already set.

I started singing and suddenly one of the receptionists burst through the door and takes Dre away from the control table. I hadn't noticed. The music began to end "is that all Dr-" I paused.

He came back in and mumbled under his breath about it 'being fucking stupid' what they were doing from what I could understand

"Hey Lala, Uh so aight look, apparently they moved ya' interview to Friday" he said softening his voice towards the end.

"It's cool I got nothin' to do Friday" I reassure him.

We continued recording my song and wrapped it all up.
                               ___ ___ ___
Plopping down on my couch sinking my face into the velvet cushions.

Just as my eyes close, the doorbell rings, "BRING YA ASS IN" I muffle into the couch, Naomi my best friend of 21 years came waltzing into the doorway, kicking her shoes off and placing her feet on the coffee table "go ahead make yourself at home" I sarcastically mumble rolling my eyes.

"Ready for your interview?" She asked with a more serious tone

"Nah, I've been rehearsing what I'm gonna say for weeks now just to fucking find out it's been moved to Friday for a dumbass reason"

Naomi turns to me giggling "ya' weird Lala, really weird" I roll my eyes and began walking up the stairs " yeah, well I'm tired, you coming? Imma watch Netflix" she looks at me and walks over before picking up speed.

Crashing into the bed we began flipping through the home page of Netflix for the show we started "Dear White People"we watched it until we fell sound asleep.
                                      _ _ _

A day later me and Naomi just sat at home, Na'lia dropped by like once. She had been out with her boyfriend for a while after

I don't understand why she was never home, she lived here. It was probably her dumbass boyfriend I envied so much for taking my sister, but fuck it.

Me and Naomi began cleaning up a bit before sitting on the couch

"Wanna go party? It's hella boring here"

"You know I don't party, even if I did I couldn't"

"Oh yeah you a whole star"

"Yeah and basketball has been hard considering I have an album to finish"

I didn't even wanna mention I hated nosy ass people

"Well, wanna party here? We can do karaoke?" Naomi drags the 'e'