Chapter 12: The First Ever Lost Girl

Footsteps began running the woods as fast as they could, it was a young short-haired brunette hiding behind a tree, she had a necklace on her a flute more like panpipes on her as she looked around for safety, smiling knowing he wouldn't find her Jane was the name of the girl of Neverland she was told by Pan to find hidden treasure in echo cave she was willing to go into deep depths to prove to this 'Pan' how far she could go and by now it is pretty far. She carried Tootles with her settling him down to teach him how to play skip on the rocks.

"And you," she said watching as he copied her "there you go!" Jane chuckled watching

Pan watched from afar to make sure his girl was safe, he had no feelings, no heart for the kind of love her world provided with. That was mostly it but for Jane... it was kind of different not that he was ever going to admit it, but seeing her with the youngest lost boy he knew something inside him was making him warm up secretly and that's what she needed to see, Pan changing.

Interior. Jane was sitting alone as a human again, looking at her panpipe necklace enjoying being alone.

Jane sat alone needing time at the moment to think as she used an aging potion thanks to Rumple who helped her with it so she could let Moira have a life as a teen then she ever has actually she was more of an adult now thirty-five making Jane older than she was but mentally as we speak, not expecting any visitors but only one visitor would meet her here and she did not want to bother with anyone.

"I know, I am the last person you want to see right now." a male voice spoke as she sighed while he spoke "but hear me out--"

"Dr. Jekyll I want to help you but at the moment I am dealing with parent issues now." Jane let the necklace fall onto her chest of where her t-shirt was a rock band 'greenday' she borrowed from Emma.

"A-and that's why I need you." he replied.

"For?" she raised her eyebrow.

"I--it's my wife, Theresa," Jekyll said as this made her look up directly "I--I think, no..." he tried to find a way to tell her better "I feel it that sh--she could be here."

This got Jane to think a little as she listened, her gaze went somewhere else trying to figure out if true love was true if so... then maybe it was time that Dr. Whale and herself went further on their relationship and him meeting Moira, however, the thought of her meeting Jane's boyfriend her own mothers was worse, she then snapped out of reality and headed to the bar followed by Jekyll.

"Two glasses of wine, please, Ruby," Jane said holding her thumb and index finger on her temple as she leaned on her left elbow.

"Oh, I--I don't drink..." Jekyll tried to talk but noticed Ruby push it towards him.

"Just do it, you're going to need to now, to deal with your other half." she said with a smile.

Jekyll smiled at Ruby and decided to take a sip, rather enjoying it then in his own time, Jane went quickly since the Dr. Was distracted with the drinking, she slipped away into the stables to check on her little brother as she was making an improvement with getting Daniel the old 'new' Frankenstein as she saw him brushing the horses manes, this made her smile to have her little brother back and if he were to die again, after hearing he died once that would be the worse. He saw her come in giving a grunt since he couldn't talk, the horses were giving in to this side of the monster he was not.

He was never actually this, Daniel was once a little boy who believed in Peter Pan but now he was a stable boy and not to add that he was now Frankenstein, her boyfriends monster. Clara came up to seeing her, she was aging since the last time Jane has seen Clara the daughter of one and only Dr. Jekyll ah yes her new sister-in-law now she was going to need two more glasses of wine after this as she came up to them.

"Hey, Jane! What's up?" Clara asked curiously standing by him.

"Oh nothing, just checking on any improvements."

"Not to worry, old Frankie here needs just to remember, find the treasure to remember what was lost," Clara replied, however, this triggered her to remembering she was once a lost girl, the memory of losing Pan to death... Hook wanting to kill him and he has, dropping her glass, tremors started. "Jane... are you okay?" Clara asked concerned.

Jane held her hand to make the trembling stop as she ran out and to the woods needing to be alone, in broad daylight, heavily breathing occurred now she remembered why Pan was dead in the first place.

Interior. (flashback) Jane was sitting alone in the camp as the boys went to sleep leaving Pan and her alone to talk.

The fire danced in the moonlit sky, the girl was quiet looking at it, fire on was what calmed her the best, Pan thought he would find her back in the camp. So he'd take this to the opportunity that he could give something to her.

"Peter... what do you want?" her tone was quiet.

"I--I wanted to give you this."

He held up a panpipe necklace to her, hand made no magic nothing, she was impressed and even the lost boys could vouch for if wanted to, Jane smiled softly as she removed her hair all to the side of her neck to allow him to put it on her, fixing her hair she looked down at it while he continued talking.

"No matter where I am, or if I am dead one day, use this by giving a wee toot." Pan smiled then left her to think about it for a while knowing she would have to as she glanced up, being in Neverland was fun but she wanted to visit hopefully that Pan would give her. "Oh, and just for the record... thanks for finding my hidden treasure, you've now proclaimed the first lost girl ever in my kingdom."

With that he left her to think as she gave a smile, now that reminded her, she needed to get home see her family.

She then looked up once more "me? The very first lost girl?"

He heard and then turned to face her "What's the matter? Don't you wanna be?" He asked Jane.

Smiling looking at him, Jane couldn't have asked for a better life "I'd like that very much peter."

Interior. Jane was sitting or lying basically on the couch talking to Archie, Paisley was with August helping out write stories.

"So... you believe... with this necklace it would bring him back alive?" Archie asked.

Overlapping voices.

No matter where I am, or if I am dead one day, use this by giving a wee toot.

Jane smiled brightly and nodded "yes, it will work."