Final Selection

The past week before the day I would finally join the selection, I've spent all that time honing the rest of my skills.

I'm making sure I'm passing that selection I won't let all my efforts go to waste now.

As I picked up my katana from beside the bedside table I'd gone out to the front of the estate where Sumi,Naho,Kiyo,Aoi,Kanao and Shinobu had waited to greet me good luck and goodbyes

"Y/n-san, Kanao-chan do you best!" Aoi said to me

"Don't go dying on me now Y/n-san, I don't want you breaking our deal" Shinobu said with her usual smile

"Good luck and stay safe Y/n-san, Kanao-chan we'll be waiting for you!" Kiyo said to Kanao and I.

I smiled at them and patted the three little girls heads who stood in front of me.

"I promise I'll come back alive or slightly unscathed, Naho-chan, Kiyo-chan, Sumi-chan." I said as I started to walk away with Kanao, I waved at them hopefully not for the last time.

As I'd walked down the dirt road to the final selection Kanao began to pick up her pace and started running, I'd want to get there quickly too before it starts we didn't leave early in the morning after all, I'm partially to blame..

We ran for what seemed like three hours, it was tiring for me but the training helped and with total concentration I quickly recovered Kanao seemed unfazed.

We'd climbed the dozens of stairs up to the mountains peak. Luckily the sun only began to set, we would make in time since the selection starts at night, just as we were approaching the top I saw many people looking to take part as well.

At this point I've remembered if Kanao is taking part in the Final selection then that means Tanjiro is too.

I hadn't kept track of the time or even checked the time in this world before entering but knowing we'd be meeting at final selection would be a lot better, I'd know what would happen next.

We approached where the other people had been waiting I sat near the stairs of where the twins would be telling everyone their speech and right on cue, as Tanjiro had appeared and come closer to me they had appeared and called out to everyone for their attention.

"Everyone.. We thank you for coming here tonight, for the Demon Slayer Corps Final Selection." They both said in unison.

"There are demons imprisoned here on Mt.Fujikasane captured alive by the demon slayer swords men and unable to leave." Kuina the white haired one had said.

"This is because Wisteria, which demons hate so much blood year-round from the bottom to halfway up the mountain

"This is because Wisteria, which demons hate so much blood year-round from the bottom to halfway up the mountain." Kiriya the black haired one continued, like they'd practiced it.

" Kiriya the black haired one continued, like they'd practiced it