Chapter Twenty Five

Story: Broken But Brave
Chapter Twenty Five: Mother and Son

Nervously, Harry walked into the kitchen. He was surprised to find that it was as clean as it was before. Not a single stain. Not a single dirt. Not even the pancake on the ceiling. It was, in fact, blindingly clean and bright.

"Wow, I love magic," Harry admitted for not the first time in his life. Mrs Weasley, who was moving her hands over the stove turned back to look at him. She had a questioning gaze. Harry cleared his throat and smiled at her.

"Mrs Weasley, please," he started. She raised her eyebrows at him as if daring him to ask what he had to ask. Harry never thought anything would be this difficult. In fact, he felt more nervous than when he did when he asked them for Ginny's hand. He cleared his throat once again and his palms started sweating under the faltering gaze of Mrs Weasley. That seemed like a good sign to him. "Please let me help you!" Harry exclaimed breathlessly. Mrs Weasley turned at him with a stern expression.

"Did I or did I not?" she asked. Harry blinked in response. "Did I or did I not ask you to not come to the kitchen in excuses of helping me and cooking?" Harry visibly relaxed. So this was all it was about. Him cooking was the problem.

"Mrs Weasley, I am not a perfect chef as you but I'm a fair one. I can help. For instance. . . Let me make some eggs and pancakes. I swear, I'm here to help, not mess the kitchen and blow it!" Harry pleaded. Mrs Weasley shook her head.

"I know all too well that you can cook, Harry but I don't want you to. I can handle it mysel-"

"No! I want to help, Mrs Weasley! I never told I have to help, I told I want to!" Harry retorted with puppy eyes. This was getting a bit embarrassing for him.

Mrs Weasley sighed before nodding. "But only those two dishes. Have I made myself clear?" she asked sternly. Harry nodded eagerly and she could not help but smile at his eagerness. She moved aside from the stove to let him cook some eggs whilst she took the dough and started mixing them for the cake. Harry thought it was probably the best to stay silent for a few minutes before entertaining her with a conversation. It was the best way to talk to Ginny when she was angry at him.

Harry started frying the eggs, humming to himself. He sprinkled some salt and pepper on them when it was the right time. He was slowly frying them when he heard another humming. He turned slowly to see Mrs Weasley swaying lightly on spot while mixing sugar and the dough. Harry smiled knowing that the eggs will be the next ingredient. So he poured a couple of nice ones in a glass bowl and started beating them while the others were still cooking. He made sure to separate the egg yolks and the whites as he knew that was how Ginny baked cakes. Mrs Weasley probably did the same too. When he was done, he slowly walked over to Mrs Weasley and lightly tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and Harry could have sworn that she had a smile on her face when she saw his work of beaten eggs. She accepted it with a thanks and went back to mixing her dough.

Soon enough, Harry's eggs and pancakes were done. He convinced Mrs Weasley to let him make the sandwich and the veggie salad as well so he was now working on toasting the breads whilst she cooked up a nice smelling stew. Her Christmas cake was in the magical microwave, getting baked. It's delicious aroma already brought George half into the kitchen before he ran away, afraid of being tasked with some work. Harry and Mrs Weasley shared a laugh after she started on George, asking him to get in more eggs from the coop outside.

From then on, Harry was conversing with her. She even shared several useful tips to cooking which his aunt, Aunt Petunia never did. Harry, for once in his life, felt like he was cooking alongside his mother. Seeing him silent for a while, Mrs Weasley asked what was wrong. Harry shook his head and was hesitant to answer but it came out at the end. When Mrs Weasley heard his thoughts, she immediately left the spatula she was holding and ran over to him, giving him another one of her trademark hugs. Harry felt burning hot tears and hastily blinked them away, hugging her back.

"So, Harry dear, I'm so glad that everything is alright between you both," Mrs Weasley started. Harry nodded, not taking his eyes off the ham he was cooking. "I was so worried when I got the news of what you did. . ." Harry gulped. "Oh dear, don't fear me. I don't bite but I. . .we. . .Arthur and I, we felt so guilty after we heard that."

"Guilty?" Harry asked. His voice cracked when it reached the 't' syllable but he hoped she would not have noticed it.

"Yes dear. You are a Weasley, Harry and Weasleys are never in short of love. Or that's what we thought before everything happened the way it did. We feel it is our fault. We are so sorry, Harry dear," Mrs Weasley lamented sadly. A single tear fell from the brown eyes which Ginny had so beautifully inherited. Harry rushed over to her and wiped her tears away.

"It is not yours or Mr Weasley's fault, Mrs Weasley. The fault is all mine. I am. . .was," he corrected himself, "a bad husband and I was too coward to admit it but from now on, I will change myself for the better. I promise to never leave her and stick to my wedding vows but please, Mrs Weasley, please do not separate us because of my foolishness. Please, I'd beg you!" Harry pleaded. He did not like the way his voice sounded. He sounded extremely vulnerable and his knees were getting ready to give way. Mrs Weasley shook her head furiously and not for the first or second time in that hour, she left her spatula to run and envelope him in her trademark hug. 

"I would never ever separate you both even if I want to, Harry dear. She loves you so much and I can tell that even you do by the way you look at her. I knew it back then that you both would one day end up with eachother. A mother's heart never goes wrong, dear. She wants all the happiness the world would allow for her child, her baby to feel and I am not oblivious to not see the love you both harbor for each other," she said gently. Harry smiled sheepishly. "It's not a bad thing, Harry! Never be embarrassed by that!" Mrs Weasley chided, looking at his red face. Harry spontaneously shook his head no.

"I was not embarrassed, Mrs Weasley!" he exclaimed.

"Then good. I just need one more thing, dear though I will not pressurize you," Mrs Weasley said, looking dreamily at the simmering cauldron of stew.

"Yes, Mrs Weasley?" Harry asked with raised eyebrows.

"This house was previously filled with the joyful echoes of my kids. Then the day came when Bill turned eleven and left to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. A year more and Charlie too went to Hogwarts. Then Percy, then the twins and Ron. Finally it was my baby girl, Ginny. After her departure, the house was so silent. It lost all it's fun and glory. Just recently, six years back, to be precise, another baby was born - Victoire. Then Dominique, Molly, Louis, Roxanne, Fred, Lucy and now Rose. All of them are growing so quickly in front of my ageing eyes. I want this house to forever take care of little hearts but I am missing little ones from three of my babies. Charlie is in no mood for marriage with ladies. He would gladly marry dragons but," Mrs Weasley paused, looking confused. Harry did his best not to laugh. "That would not work out. He is just married to his job so let him be there; Though I worry about him. Fred, he would have wished to have married. . .there is not a single day which passes by without us reminiscing about him. Lastly, it's Ginny. I understand that life has thrown very many problems and hurdles in your relationship this past decade but I think it is time to become a grandmother again if you are willing to make me one," Mrs Weasley finished, winking at Harry before turning back to her stew. Harry blushed as red as his wife's hair.

"O-of course, M-Mrs Weasley but I think I err. . .the career! I mean. . ." Harry stammered. Oh why couldn't he just get it out that they want to earn before starting a family? Why? Oh, he knew. He had no mother to request him of anything and when Mrs Weasley, the only one ever as close as his mother, requested him, he could not decline it. He would never decline it, of course. He always wished for a family even if it consisted of only three members but his aspirations will have to wait a few years.

"I understand dear. I just said what was running through my hideous mind," Mrs Weasley joked. Harry played along and silence reigned for the next few minutes as he thought of what he would name his daughter, if he ever had one.

Decided to end it here. I like writing chapters focusing on Harry having a family, in this case, Molly and Harry. They are really sweet to write along with a few bitter moments of not having a blood family. I really hope even you enjoyed this. Did I just foreshadow something? hahaha *evil smirk* I may change the canon regarding Harry's kids!

I have a couple of ideas for the next book. Would you guys vote on the one which you desire if I were to put a voting poll chapter in this book?

Thank you for being so patient and reading my book!

Miyoko x