A Complete Circle

(Long time no see, this past year has been nuts! I still need to watch the anime to know where to go from here, but let's see what I can do. I did minor editing in the last chapter, just so you know.)

7/23/22: I didn't like how the original chapter turned out. I originally wanted to make the reader Jack the Ripper, but I found out they already existed so I got discouraged and was not sure where to go with this, still not sure what role the reader will play. Any ideas? (Most of the changes are added to the bottom, enjoy.)

"Come (Y/N), let's be off, the nobles are waiting." My uncle's unusually cheery shouted from the carriage. These past few have been bewildering; Uncle has been treating me well, to ensure I was in "top form" during the hunt. I know it's actually to let the injuries heal and fade. In fact, he has left me quite alone as he went out to spend exorbitant amounts of coin to purchase "quality" hunting goods to show off to the nobles. If there is one thing that stayed consistent, he will forever be a greedy petty man. 

I carefully make my way over to my horse, if I am going to the countryside to hunt, I can't very well hunt in a carriage. Furthermore, I have no desire for an all-day lecture of my uncle's expectations. 

"****" I clicked with a light squeeze to urge my house forward. My uncle's jovial laughter rang ahead at the front of the entourage. I allowed myself a small smile of my own, we shall see who has the last laugh. As went along on our journey, my mind began to wander; human nature truly is fascinating. Agency, choices, loyalty, experience, emotions...so many components make up the human mind. My choices...the self from my previous life would not accept murder as an option. They also would not accept abuse, but their life was never threatened by murder either. I can think of my choices and understand why made them, but I believe I would still be on the same I am currently taking. The breaking the cycle of ouroboros and form a ring of my own making. 

As we reached the last leg of the journey I whispered softly "If you go out in the woods today, you better go in disguise. If you go out in the woods today, your in for a big surprise." It was a song that I learned in a previous life that scared me when I was little, but became a precious memory. 

As we headed to our tent, I saw a figure walking out of the woods. In the fading sun, their dark clothes seemed to become one with the forest's shadow, silken gold strands seemed to catch the sun's rays and consume it for themselves, ruby eyes peered from the earthy gloom and glow with ethereal light. Slowly, a white-glove met smirking lips. "Shh." The wind seemed to carry the owner's voice to my ear. I nodded my head and continued to follow my uncle to our tent.

Later, when the moon was high and all beings of the day slept on. I lay awake, waiting for a lingering shadow. I peered into the sky, watching the moon get swallowed slowly in the darkness. The moment the world turned dark, I heard a whisper of wind before I sensed another in the room. As the moon fought the dark, it illuminated the person I wanted to see the most. 

My Savior, my Leader, "William."

"Good Evening (Y/N)." I give him a small smile as he enters my tent. We spent the good part of the night discussing the plans for the following day, each tick of the clock seemed to become sweeter, my chest felt lighter, it was almost like a pain. I never lived this life without shackles since my parents died, I begin to feel the pain of the unknown. What will I do with this new freedom? What can I do? What is possible? Can I handle all the necessary responsibilities? These doubts seemed to twine around me as they preyed on my insecurities. Suddenly, slender hands covered my eyes.

"Heed them no thoughts (Y/N), focus on me." I could feel the warmth of his hands through the gloves, the rich scent of his cologne, the ticklish strands of his hairs as his breath brushed against my ear. I am not in the future or in the past, I am in the present and William is with me. I take a deep breath to ground myself. I can do this.

"I understand William." I respond softly as he removes his hands and prepares to leave. "Thank you, and I will see you in the morning." He gives a small smile and a nod before returning the way he came; silent and into darkness.

For the rest of the night, no shackling thoughts bound me.

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope this is a better chapter than the original. I would have rather ended the uncle in this chapter, but I felt like this was a good spot. I will be working the next chapter now, so it should be done sometime in the next week. Any advice is appreciated. In honestly, I am not sure what (Y/N) should become. Any ideas of how (Y/N) will support William? So far they have something like a savior and follower relationship (ish), how should this relationship develop? Romantically, platonically, etc.