II. Reunion

changed characters
from sehun and tzuyu
to hanbin and rosé
just bcoz i love hanbin
and i think rosé fits more as the
side char in this story than tzuyu
Hope the changes wont affect your
reading tho :)
______________________

"C-Chaeyoung?" Jungkook still wanted to confirm as he felt the petite girl in his arms squeeze him tighter. The moment she finally broke off from him and faced him with the sweetest smile, he couldn't believe his eyes.

It was indeed her. The girl he grew up with. The girl he cherished alongside his love for music. And the girl he couldn't believe after four years since graduation, he'd see in person again. He would never forget how broken he was when he found out she left abroad without even giving him the chance to get out of that damned place called 'friendzone'.

It was one of the reasons he gave up music and unwillingly chose to take the path of business. That eventually got him too occupied until everything he could think about only mattered for the company and nothing else unrelated to it -including her.

"Wow." Rosé's first word to him. "I didn't think you'd be any more better, Kookie, but you still did. Seriously, is there even a way to reach you?"

Her words of flattery made him smile with the fact that she just called him with the same nickname she used to adress him in the past.

"Says one of international's famous singers." He retorted amused.

"Oh shut up. I'm not even half way close to your golden name." She exclaimed as she playfully hit his arm.

He chuckled. It's been a long time passed and though he thought he was over her, he could tell the spark was still there by having her close in person like this again, looking more beautiful than ever.

Though against the thousand miles they had between each other from the past years, they still actually managed to keep communication. But then they were still nothing more than the same friendly or more like sister or brotherly communication.

Because besides the fact that he didn't want to get themselves in a complicated relationship, he knew it will never work out. He knew she loved her ever-dreamed work at the other side of the world too much and he didn't want the kind of relationship to expect with that.

But no one would have ever prepared him for what the girl decided to say next.

"I mean... it's the only reason I went to work abroad, you know? To be able to reach you or at least be... worthy of your side? But looking at you right now, looking all this high and almighty, I still don't think I'm deserving." Were her words with a chuckle and smile that almost didn't reach her eyes.

Her words made his features gradually alter with disbelief. The truth wasn't even a slap because it was all this time beyond his nose. So this is what she meant back then when she always said he's close yet still seemed too far away beyond her reach? Said she wanted to be able to walk beside him one day and even told him to wait for her. After all, she just came from a middle-class family, while him, with that family of unreachable reputation to the society.

Did she really mean it then? Everything she did was for him after all?

No. The real question is... was he even worth it?

Because as much as his mind wants to take this as his chance now to finally be with the girl he ever dreamed to be with, there's just that other part telling him it's impossible now because he's already tied to someone else.

Of fucking course. How could he forget the fact -the straight from hell fact- that he's already married?

And there the thought dimmed his mood in an instant. And with his now cold and serious eyes, unknowingly turned to the direction he knew where his wife is. And there saw her in that same spot, meeting his eyes as her lips slowly curved to a different smirk that he didn't know why gave chills down his spine. Her face all too calm for it's own good but eyes carrying a sole expression that screamed danger.