The profecy

I'll be turning 16 in 10 months. That day my quest will start. And i'll have too fufill my town's profecy. Soon, the youngest elder of my town will came back from his trip and (hopefully) will start treining me.

I was chosen out of all the other kids of the town as the one that must fufill the profecy, it all lined up, although I never known what lined up.

Today isn't a really happy day for me thought. It's the 10th anniversary of the burning down of the next door village burning down. A 750 year-old tribe that was burned down to show fear in the middle of the night.

I remeber a lot of things about that village, but what I miss the most is a kid in that same village. I don't remember his name, I think it was Bakugou Katsuki, but for me he'll always be Kacchan.

I remember we started being friends one day I went to his village with my mother to trade some goods. She was talking with Kacchan's parents, they were friends since childhood, and I was almost forced to speak to him.

I remember that we became friends because we wanted to fufil the profecy together.

I remember that we would sneak out and hang out and play in the small forest that surronded both of our towns.

I remember he really liked to explode stuff.

I remember that he was the one that got me into plants and investigation on them.

I remember that I gifted him a copy of one of my research books on healing plants for his birthday.

I remember he gifted me a neclase close to the ones his tribe used to wears for my birthday.

I remember his village burning down to ashes with part of the forest around.

I remember how everyone in my town helped to put the fire out.

I remember how we didn't find any survivors.

I remember that all we found was burned corpeses.

I remember feeling alone because my only friend just died.

I remember going to Kacchan's grave and leaving the necklase there from midnight to the next day's midnight's.

And I'm doing that this year again. I'm not gong back home until it's tomorrow, because I know I'm a day closer to breacking a promise.

Tomorrow it'll be a day closer to the elder Toshinori coming back.

Tomorrow will be a new day. One that I don't want to happen.