Alicia!

I looked to where my door is, and there was my mother, staring at me. I panicked. Did she see what happened!?!? No no no no. She can't have seen that. She'll be so disappointed in me, and she'll-
"ALICIA!"
"Ughhhh, what is it mum?"
"You've been asleep for ages, you need to get up!"
How long was I sleeping for?
"Alright, I'll get ready now!"
"Ok sweetheart, and just letting you know I'm making pancakes for breakfast!"
My mum walked out of my bedroom and shut the door.
"Ugh, what was that dream about?"
I rubbed my forehead and decided it would be better if I just got dressed.

(Time skip)

I was wearing a grey skirt along with a white shirt. I had tights on and a navy blue blazer. On the blazer was the Brooklyn Academy logo. I looked into my mirror and quickly brushed my brown hair into a ponytail before opening my door and walking downstairs. I saw my mother cooking, as she always does. She's been doing that for as long as I can remember. I didn't always have her though. I had been adopted at the age of 2. I never met my biological parents, as soon as I was born they left me at the orphanage. My adoptive mum had short, black hair that went down to her shoulders. Whenever she was cooking, mum would always wear an apron that said 'World's best looking chef'.

I sat down at the table and Mum gave me my pancakes. I ate them, thinking about the dream I had last night.
Why would I have a dream like that? I'm so confused.
When I was younger, people had always called me 'Little Miss Perfect'. It was because I always got everything right and all the teachers loved me. The other kids would get jealous and call me names. I never really cared though, all I cared for was that I got good grades in my tests. I looked at what the time was on my watch.
7:45. Hailey's dad will be here soon.
I finished off my pancakes and put the plate in the sink. I then grabbed my backpack from near the door.
"Bye mum!"
"Bye, have a nice day sweetheart"
I walked out of my house and waited for my best friend's car.