Chapter 2

!TW!: Blood, torture, and trauma. I'll mark the part and give you a summary.

!TW! #2: Depression and cutting. I'll mark the part and give you a summary.  

It had been 2 years since Y/N's quirk appeared, in those years M/N had trained her enough to let go of the blindfold and taught her how to dig deeper. She was trained to be smart and has a quick understanding. She was trained to be observant, thorough, and quick. She was trained to be good at picking things apart. 

The problem was

She succeeds

Far.

To.

Fast. 

It was easy to teach a child with a mental quirk like hers. A quirk that made her naturally smart, observant, and curious. It was like teaching a duck how to paddle and a fish how to swim. It made her succeed faster than planned. 

Y/N loved the times she spend with her mom. She even loved the times her mom taught her new words, places, elements. She loved the times her mom would ask her questions out of the blue, whether she was playing, reading, or just waking up. She loved the times she spend with her no matter what until she asked to spend every second of her day with her mom. 

So, imagine her surprise when instead of her mom, a maid woke her up at god knows what time, gesturing her to follow her without a single word, in fact, Y/N never heard any of the maids talk, instead use JSL to communicate to her and each other. But thanks to her lessons, she was observant enough to know that something is going on. She saw it by how the maid's shoulder was tense, her jaw clenched, her lips pressed in a tight line, and her posture stiff.  

"What's wrong, Ms?" Y/N asked, ever the kind and curious girl. 

The maid didn't answer, as Y/N expected, humans instinct when someone else asked if there is something wrong is to answer with there is nothing wrong, whether the news was good, bad, frightening. The maid looked at her, bottom lips between her teeth. The maid was nervous or scared, Y/N realized from the common habit. The sadness and pity that she thought she saw in her eye made Y/N curious enough to open her quirk and reached out, skipping to the emotions section. 

Emotions: 

-> Current: Sadness, Fear, and Pity. 

Understanding what the emotions mean doesn't help Y/N understand why is the maid feeling those emotions so she forced herself through an invisible barrier and focus on digging deeper. 

Current:

-> Sadness: 

     -> For: M/N

-> Fear: 

     -> For: M/N, Y/N and herself.

     -> From: F/N 

-> Pity:

     -> For: Y/N

Turning forward, Y/N began forcing herself through another invisible barrier once more, getting a little lightheaded before the maid put a hand on her shoulder, shaking her head. Y/N sighed a little before letting go, respecting her privacy but not before she asked, "Why are you sad for momma?" 

It's nothing, the maid signed and Y/N felt grateful that she had begged her momma to teach her sign language and now she could somewhat do it even though it's still sloppy.