3

December 24th

Having heard the thunk and being aware of your clumsiness Iida rushed upstairs and to your dorm room to see if you were okay. Without even thinking he knocked on the door, which just caused you to jump and trip over your dropped shoes landing on the floor with a louder thunk your face now even more red then before. You cursed as you landed awkwardly on your head, flatening an ear tight against your skul, and then again when you rolled over awkwardly onto your tail. Iida was concerned for you, believing you had once again accidentally hurt yourself without him there to catch you.

"(L/n)?" Iida called, knocking again "Are you alright? I heard something heavy hit the floor. Are you injured."

"Just my pride," you groaned through the door "I just dropped my shoes and my jacket."

"That sounded heavier then a jacket, although the shoes do make sense," Iida mused "Are you sure it was just your jacket?"

Iida was more concerned now. Yes, the shoes made sense but the jacket? Why would you lie to him? Was it to cover up that you had injured yourself and didn't want him to know? He had to find out and check up on you

"I may or may not have been in it," you groaned, sitting up to lean against the steps to your bed and rubbing your head

"May I be permitted to enter?" Iida called through the door, his mind reeling

"Go ahead, the door is unlocked and I'm decent."

Iida turned your doorknob and stuck his head around the partially open door, surveying your form crumpled on the ground, rubbing at your head. He fully entered the room and closed the door behind him before bending down to your height. He tilted your head to the side, silently looking over the small bump that was forming just next to your purple ear, which twitched as he brushed against it. and then pressing the back of his hand to your forehead when he saw how flushed and red you looked.

"Are you aware that your face is hot and flushed? It appears you are running a fever." Iida stated "If you're sick we shouldn't go out or it could get worse."

Fuck. If you wanted to go out you would have to explain why you were so flushed. There was no getting out of that awkwardness. You took a deep breath and began busying yourself with hiding your hair under your beret and tugging on your shoes, doing anything to avoid looking at him.

"I'm flushed because I'm embarrassed, Iida," you murmured "I'm sorry for the way I was dressed this morning, it was inappropriate of me to be around you like that and it won't happen again."

Iida was confused. Earlier you had sung to him like you meant it, like you were telling him you wanted him but now you were embarrassed at him catching you like that. It was giving him mixed signals and his brain did not like that. Or maybe you were embarrassed to be caught like that because you did like him and that was the issue. It was all so confusing. Maybe it was time he tried to make his feeling known but he was always so straight forward and he didn't want to scare you off or get rejected. He knew he would have to chose his next words very carefully, especially if you wouldn't even look at him.

"Do not apologise, (l/n), it was... how would I say this... it was cute. You were cute," Iida stated, turning you by the chin to look at him, before he realised what he said and his eyes went wide "I uh, I mean, that not to say you're not cute now. You're always cute, wait no what am I saying. I'm sorry you, uh..."