Part 25

The next day was pretty same. Since morning I was in hospital with my friends and we talked about random things, making fun of each other. In the evening I dressed to impress again for the party.

The party was similar to last night. Nick, Neil and Cole busy with greeting guest and again the cousin from last night flirting with me. Next morning, I came back to LA, I was a bit sad about leaving home.

Two days passed since I came back and got to work. Neil and I texted daily during the day and at night we video called each other.

Today he told me he cannot call or text me as he has some kind of family gathering from where he will come back late. It was Saturday and since morning Neil has been busy so here, I was getting bored and binge-watching Lucifer.

Neil's Pov:

It was Friday evening and I was talking to Cole and Nick about my life in LA. When Cole asked Nick "Hey it's Chole's Birthday Day after! Why don't we go to LA tomorrow and surprise her?"

Nick looked at me and I was internally begging him to reject the offer as I had made so many plans to surprise her whole day. Nick asked me "You are leaving tomorrow morning, right?"

I nodded and then he told Cole "I think we should give her some privacy. What if she already has plans?"

Cole shook his head and said "I know my sister; she will probably spend the whole day binge watching. It will be first time she will be away from home and her friends." I was still being impatient.

God please not this time please. Nick said "I will ask Eric and let you know if she has plans or not. I am pretty sure she might have told Eric something or the other."

Cole nodded and said "If you say so! Anyways I am going back to my parent's place for tonight. You two talk and Nick after having a chat with Eric let me know."

They kissed each other and soon Cole left. Nick who just came back in after dropping Cole hit me on my head and said "Tell me the truth and no more hiding."

He sat beside me and I asked him "What are you talking about?" He rolled his eye and again hit me and I shouted in pain "What is wrong with you? Why are you hitting me you dork?"

He just laughed and asked "I know you since childhood. When you are nervous or impatient you tend to bite your finger nail. So, as soon as Cole talked about Chole's birthday you became nervous. Why?"

I shook my head and told him "I was just uncomfortable talking about her after all this year." He again rolled his eye and said "Then why go tomorrow, when you can go back on Sunday too? Spend one more day with us all, you are back after so many days."

I was blank, I wanted to say something but was so confused. God I am in such a mess. He continued "You know what that day I saw you two clicking selfie. I was just a bit away to give you privacy and keep an eye on Cole. I knew she had read our texts one night. Seriously Allen 2! You both had same name on your phone. I saw her texting when we had gone to drop her at airport. So now you better confess. You know how you are bad at hiding things from me."

I told him "Okay I give up! We started dating the day she came to NYC back when I went on blind date with Sophia, she surprised me there, I proposed randomly and she accepted. We wanted to tell you but we know you would have felt bad about lying to Cole hence we were saving you from the guilt trip."

After that I told him the whole story how we met again. He told me "So what have you planned for her birthday or you forgot her birthday and just remembered when Cole said?"

I told him "I have planned everything from here. Tomorrow afternoon as soon as I reach there, I just have to implement my plan for the mid night celebration and the next whole day."

Nick just smiled and said "I am so happy for you two. I knew the moment I saw her, she was so happy. The smile she gave me that night was like the one I had received only once when we were in Vegas."

I told him "Now keep it a secret until we both are not completely ready to tell her family. I am not worried about our family but her, specially your dumb husband." He just laughed and told me not to worry about them coming there for her birthday.

I went to my room and called Co-co. She immediately answered.

C: You are late!

N: Nick happened sorry! But he is smart and now he knows about us. I am sorry!

C: It's okay! I knew he was keeping eyes on us anyways what did he say?

N: He was happy and said he will call you tomorrow to scold you. Be prepared for his long speech and melodrama.

C: I was prepared for it from day 1. Anyways when are you coming back?

N: Mom is not letting me go, she is begging for me to stay until New Year.

C: You can't be serious! You promised me to be back by next week. If you don't comeback before Christmas, I am not going to talk to you.

N: You know for the first time you are being demanding and I will try my best to come back ASAP. I am trying to convince mom.

C: You know day after is my birthday and I will be here alone, getting bored.

I behaved as if I was shocked.

N: Shit beautiful! I completely forgot about it. I will come soon. Please forgive me for not being there on this birthday. I promise after this I will never forget or be away on any of your birthday.

C: I don't care about my birthday. I was just trying to make you feel guilty for not coming soon.

N: I guess it worked. I am sorry! I promise to be back soon. I am also sorry about something more.

C: What now?

N: I have a family trip to the woods tomorrow and I won't be able to call or text you whole day until next day morning. I am sorry we can't video call tomorrow.

I saw her sad face but she just rolled her eyes and spoke.

C: Whatever! I will go out and drink with Allen then. Bye!

N: Are you angry?

C: No!

N: Sorry beautiful! If I knew it was your birthday I would have come there, if I could not come there, I would have not made any plans with my cousins. I promise next year I will make it special for you.

She irritatingly screamed at me.

C: I don't care about my birthday! Fine I am sad but only because I will miss talking to you.

N: I will miss you too! Okay I will buy you something as a sorry and a gift for your birthday. What do you want?

C: I don't want anything! I guess I am having mood swings because I am too tired.

N: Was it a busy day?

She just nodded and did look tired.

N: You should rest I will call you tomorrow morning before leaving that way we can at least see each other in morning as we will not see each other at night.

She smiles and spoke

C: Okay that will do! I will see you tomorrow then! Good night!

N: Good night beautiful! I am missing you more.

She just smiled and then we disconnected the call.

I am sorry my beauty for making you sad today but I am sure tomorrow you will be happy to see me.