Came - what - now? The round who?

I woke up with a throbbing headache. The worst one I've ever had. I observed the room. It was a simple room. NOT! It was the coolest, weirdest room I've ever seen.

The room looked like it was the inside of a tree. The walls were a light brown like the inner parts of a tree trunk, and they were covered in creepers. Above the bed’s headboard hung a large blue tapestry that was embroidered with three golden lions atop on another in golden thread.

There was a tall cupboard that looked as though it was part of the wall in the corner behind the door. At the opposing wall was table with a matching chair made of a darker polished wood and a set of double-doors that led to a balcony. 

Just as I was about to head out the door it opened. Elizabeth came walking in. She had abandoned her George Harold uniform and now opted to wearing a knee - length blue dress and black tights along with a pair of simple black shoes.

"You're awake. Great,” she said, "Come on then. We don't have all day."

"Where am I?"  I asked.

"Get dressed, will you?" 

"But-"

Without answer she left the room. I took that as my cue to head over to the closet behind the door. Coincidentally, (Definitely not a coincidence) all my clothes from George Harold Academy dorm room. I threw on some jeans and a purple t-shirt that said “PURPLE”. 

When I came through the door, Elizabeth was standing at my right. After breaking into a fit of laughter she said, “That’s the dumbest t-shirt I’ve ever seen. Let’s go, Dr Purple.”

Ignoring her crude remark (Because my fashion sense is witty), I followed her down the hallway. I tried to start a conversation but let’s just say she only talks when she wants to.

Before I knew it we had reached the top of three flights of stairs. Elizabeth then took off like a bullet from a loaded gun straight down all three flights of stairs. By the time I reached the bottom she had been standing there for quite some time.

“You’re really out of shape aren’t you,” she said monotonously.

She guided me to a room with two large doors. On the other side of those large doors was a large room with windows that reached all the way to the very high ceiling. There were eight windows on each opposing wall and one particularly large one at the far end of the room. Each window was filled with Stained glass art of different people…of knights. The window in at the far end of the room was a rendition of a king wearing golden armour, a sword held above his head and a gigantic stone at his feet that read: “He who withdraws this sword shall be king of all.”

In the centre of the room was an ancient looking table. It was so round it would’ve made any modern day wheel jealous. It design was so intricate. It was made of a solid grey stalagmite and was carved with what looked like intricate runes from centuries gone by and was accompanied by matching chairs.

Standing in front of the round table was the oldest looking dude I’ve ever seen. He looked even older than Gandalf the Grey and Albus Dumbledore combined. His long white beard reached all the way to his knees. His white hair went all the way to his calves. He was wearing black robes that was probably meant to protect and hide his frail bones. His face was so wrinkled he looked like a white skinned raisin. He looked so old yet his emerald green eyes shone with youthful vibrancy.

He spoke with the kindest tone I’d ever heard, “Hello, young Lancelot. I have been awaiting your arrival

for quite some time now.”

“You’re so old. Ow!”

Elizabeth elbowed me in the ribs.

The old man chuckled, “Astute observation, young one.”