Epilogue

Story: Broken But Brave
Epilogue: Down to a Photo Finish!

The sun shined brightly over their heads. The clear skies and the slight breeze made it an ideal day for picnic. The leaves of the nearby trees nestled slowly in the wind, making a calm noise.

Ginny Potter was absolutely loving it. The weather, the company and the entertainment. There was nothing more she could ask for. She smiled as she felt her husband wrap an arm around her waist.

"Beautiful day isn't it?" Ginny asked.

"Not as beautiful as you," came the obvious reply of Harry Potter. Ginny rolled her eyes. Nevertheless, he received a peck on the cheek. "That is all for a compliment?" He pouted. Ginny nodded and he pouted again.

"Oi! Al!!! Join us!" Came a loud voice. Ginny looked up to see her eldest son, Teddy Lupin waving his hand. She looked beside her as the blanket shuffled. Her youngest son sat there, his legs up to his chest.

"Al, sweetheart, go and join them," Ginny encouraged.

"It's okay mum. I'm fine here," the fifteen year old teen replied. No matter how hard she tried, Albus Severus Potter was always shy to fly.

"It's a nice day, son. I think flying will cheer you up," his dad said. Albus sighed.

"Come on, snake!" James Sirius Potter teased. He quickly sobered when his mother shot him a killing glare.

"Al! I need your help, come on!" Lily Luna, Ginny's only daughter said. The thirteen year old was waving her muggle smartphone in her hand. Albus got up and walked over to her. She stood on her tiptoe and whispered something into Albus' ear. A smile appeared on his face as she whispered the matter. Ginny looked at Harry with raised eyebrows.

"Can't be pranking. Al is too shy to prank," Harry answered her unasked question with a shrug. Ginny laughed.

"Oi, you both!" Albus shouted, facing his two brothers who were tossing a quaffle in the clear skies.

"WHAT?" James shouted back.

"COME DOWN!" Lily screeched and Albus covered his ears, making a face.Ginny

Teddy and James flew down with identical groans. "Whatzzit?" James asked, annoyed. Lily once again went on her tiptoe and whispered something into their ears. It was Harry, this time, who looked at Ginny with raised eyebrows. She shrugged.

As soon as Lily finished, she hopped on Teddy's broomstick and flew up to the sky with Albus behind her on the same broomstick. He did not look scared or nervous a s that was because he knew to fly, but was only shy. Teddy did the same thing with James' broomstick but not before he said, "Dad! Mum! Bring Mum's old broomstick and fly along with us!"

Harry agreed and he summoned Ginny's broom with a lazy flick of his holly wand. Ginny's old broomstick, a ThunderBolt, flew in to his waiting hands and they both mounted it with Ginny driving it. They were in the skies, with identical confused expressions when a confetti of coloured paper fell upon them, messing their hair.

"SURPRISE!" Lily's voice was heard from above just as the confetti shower stopped. They looked up and saw her riding Teddy's broom. Albus was holding an empty basket which probably held the confetti. Ginny looked at Harry who wore an expression of confusion. Lily rolled her brown eyes at her parents' oblivious nature. She approached their broomstick and was flying by their side.

"Have you forgotten what day it is, today?!" Lily asked.

"Err, Sunday, isn't it, love?" Harry asked. Ginny nodded and Lily and Albus huffed simultaneously.

"She meant the date, dad," Albus said. Harry thought hard. He could not remember the date!

"What is it today, Gin?" He asked, looking at the mane of red hair which sat in front of him.

"Seventeenth, I think. . .no eighteenth. . . No I'm sure, it's seventeen of December," she answered. Remembering the dates was a tough task for sure.

"What's with the seventeenth?" Harry asked his children. They snorted.

"It is the day, almost eighteen years ago, when you both reunited after a long struggle! And you forgot that day itself?!" Lily scolded. Harry and Ginny looked at each other as they remembered the horrible day they had to face, almost eighteen years ago. "Ha, now you remember. So, to remember this day by, we have planned to take a photo! Come on, I don't think we can take a photo while flying. Let's go down."

Harry and Ginny were asked to sit down on the soft grass as James and Teddy set several flowers around them. Lily was fixing her smartphone on a tripod stand and Albus was helping her. After five minutes, everything was ready and Lily switched the timer on. She ran to her position and stood as she was asked just as the photo clicked with a flash.

Lily immediately took her smartphone in, accompanied by Teddy and Albus. Meanwhile, James entertained his parents with stories of his Hogwarts days. Ten minutes later, the trio asked Harry and Ginny to blindfold themselves and walk to the Master bedroom. They did as was told and when they removed their blindfolds, they saw the photo on the wall, just beside their wedding photo, above their bed.

It was a beautiful photo. Baby's breath covered the ground along with green grass as Harry and Ginny sat, their hands entwined. Lily had her arms wrapped around Harry's neck and her head was just above his. Albus was in the same position but with Ginny. James had one of his arm wrapped around Lily's shoulder and his other arm was wrapped around Teddy's middle. Teddy was standing in the same position as James, holding two of his youngest brothers. They all wore happy, beautiful smiles and the portrait was a beautiful example of family.

There ends the book. I am so very glad to have received so many views and votes! Thank you all so so much! This book was my first book and I never expected all this! You all are so wonderful!

There will be an ending chapter of author's note and this book will be marked complete! I hope you all had a nice journey reading it!

Constructive criticism about any chapter is always open to me.

Thank you all for patiently reading till the end! Love you all a lot!

I wish to end this book with a quote.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times i f one remembers to turn on the light."
~Albus Dumbledore

So, please stay strong in times of difficulties. I know that it is very difficult but remember that Harry's tenacity got him a nice life. Even you deserve a good life. Please do not finish it.

Thank you once again for your support!

With loads of love and wishes,
Miyoko xxx