Derek Hale

Picking up the broom, I sigh and start to sweep up the loft. I hear Derek walking around somewhere before music starts to blast throughout the place. I look up in surprise only to see the broody Hale man bopping about as he straightened up the mess the pack had made the night before. To my surprise and utter amusement, he starts to sing along. I rest my hands on top of the broom handle and smile while I let my chin sit on top.

"Duh duh duh da da da! Duh duh duh da da da! Do do do duh duh duh duh! Do do do duh duh duh duh! Duh duh duh da da da! Duh duh duh da da da! Do do do duh duh duh duh!"

At this point I'm tapping my foot along, but can't help the grin that strains my face.

"Well, you must be a girl with shoes like that. She said you know me well~"

I start to sweep some more, but to the rhythm.

"I seen you and Little Stephen and Joanna around the back of my hotel~ Oh yeah~"

My hips swing to the beat and I start to clean faster, having a great time doing it.

"Someone said you was asking after me, but I know you best as a blagger~"

I turn to see Derek grinning as I dance. He always had a great smile... Wish I could see it more often.

"I said tell me your name, is it sweet? She said my boy it's Dagger~ Oh yeah~" he continues to sing and grabs my hand, whisking me away from the broom that falls to the floor.

"I was good, she was hot! Stealing everything she got! I was bold, she was over the worst of it!"

His hazel-green eyes shone so bright as he sang and it put a large smile on my face.

"Gave me gear, thank you dear! Bring your sister over here, let her dance with me just for the hell of it!" he sings and swings me around, not getting any cleaning done at this point, but I don't care because he's happy.

"Duh duh duh da da da! Duh duh duh da da da! Do do do duh duh duh duh! Do do do duh duh duh duh! Duh duh duh da da da! Duh duh duh da da da! Do do do duh duh duh duh!" I decided to join him in this part and his smile only grows, our bare feet smacking on the floor and sliding with socks.

"Well you must be a boy with bones like that. She said you got me wrong~"

The drawl of his singing voice makes my insides melt and seeing him this happy and carefree is so rare.

"I would've sold them to you if I could've just have kept the last of my clothes on~ Oh yeah~ Call me up, take me down with you when you go! I could be your regular Belle~" he continues and twirls me out just to pull me back into his strong arms with a slight dip.

"I'll also dance for Little Stephan and Joanna around the back of my hotel~ Oh yeah~"

He lets my hand go and dances off, cleaning up some more. I pick up the broom and continue my job as well with a little more pizazz.

"I was good, she was hot! Stealing everything she got! I was bold, she was over the worst of it! Gave me gear, thank you dear! Bring your sister over here, let her dance with me just for the hell of it!"

Derek stops and pretends to hit some drums and I laugh, making him look at me with that dazzling smile once more.

I couldn't help but to join in again and bob my head while swinging my hair around. Derek laughs heartily at me and it makes my heart swell with joy. I've never heard him laugh like that before. A guitar break comes in and I use the broom to imitate it while making faces and Derek eats it up, joining with his own air guitar.

"Chelsea, Chelsea! I believe that when you're dancing, slowly sucking your sleeve. The boys get lonely when you leave! It's one for the Dagger and another for the one you believe~" he starts again and I join in yelling the lyrics, which amuses the wolf greatly.

"Chelsea, I believe that when you're dancing, slowly sucking your sleeve! The boys get lonely when you leave! It's one for the Dagger and another for the one you believe! Duh duh duh da da da! Duh duh duh da da da! Do do do duh duh duh duh! Do do do duh duh duh duh! Duh duh duh da da da! Duh duh duh da da da! Do do do duh duh duh duh! Duh duh duh da da da! Duh duh duh da da da! Do do do duh duh duh duh! Do do do duh duh duh duh! Duh duh duh da da da! Duh duh duh da da da! Do do do duh duh duh duh!"

We're both panting heavily when it ends. Smiles adorn our faces as we look at each other happily, but the moment is immediately ruined when there is clapping and whistling coming from the door to the loft. We turn and see Stiles, Scott, Lydia and Liam. They are all smiling at us, but when I look at Derek, his usual scowl is back in place. It makes me kind of sad until he looks at me and, for a split second, there's a fond smile.

"That...was amazing guys! Who knew SourWolf could sing and dance while smiling?! It was, admittedly, terrifying," Stiles says with a shudder and I scowl at him which make Derek chuckle.

"Is he laughing?! He is! Oh god, it's the end times!" Stiles taunts and I roll my eyes before smiling at the moment Derek Hale, THE SourWolf, and I shared.

A/N
This may also end up in My Best Friend?, but we'll just have to see. 😉