-One-

sorry the first two chapters are short! 

"Rich common we HAVE to go to the Kaspbraks party!" Beverly whined as Richie stood smoking a cigarette by the ocean.

"Bevy my dear I have no soul to go to my enemies party" Richie Tozier replied. The Kaspbraks and the Toziers have hated each other for as long as time. Wentworth and Frank held an ancient grudge against each other and the families were never allowed to see or speak to each other.

"Bev is right Richie. Some lightly dancing and partying should be good for your heartbroken self" Stanley Uris, Richie's cousin, responded.

"Heartbroken?" Beverly asked.

"Oh yes, haven't you heard? Rich is in love with Connor Murphy but stuff has been going on between them-" Stan began but Richie cut him off with a loud groan.

"Love is useless, love is broken. I have no love in my heart" he said dramatically as he flung himself against Beverly who giggled in response.

"Richie common stop messing around!" Stanley huffed and crossed his arms over his chest. "It's a masquerade ball which means the Kaspbraks won't recognize you as a Tozier. If you come with us I'll show you men much more beautiful that'll make your swan look beautiful no more". Richie frowned at this and raised his eyebrows.

"I think we ought not to go," he whispered. Beverly rolled her eyes and punched his shoulder.

"Why?!" she whined. Richie turned to her and whispered.

"I dreamt a dream last night".

"As did I" Beverly said.

"And what did you dream of?!"

"That dreamers often lie"

"Ah yes, asleep in bed as they dream" Richie murmured sarcastically.

"Richie common! You are a lover! Borrow cupid's wings" Beverly pleaded with him. Richie stood up and stuffed his cigarette out.

"Only for tonight," he said with a deep sigh.

Stanley and Beverly grinned widely and stood up as well.

"To the house of Kaspbrak we go!" they yelled enthusiastically and flung their arms around Richie who chuckled.