seven: fifteen missed calls

I woke up and got ready to go to work. It is raining today, so I decided to wear the outfit I put on last night to snap Hunter. I put on a flannel and used some dry shampoo to help tone down my day-old curls. Kensley and I headed over to Harper's house a little early because she woke up at 7:30 am instead of at 9:00 am. Harper and I discussed our plans for next week to see what day would work best for her to come to the hospital.

I left Harper's house at around 9:10, so I could talk to Savannah a little bit before I had to start working. I arrived at the hospital at 9:30. I said hi to my mom before going into Savannah's room. She was watching TV when I opened the door. As soon as she saw me, she turned the TV off and got a big smile.

"Hey, Lydia! OMG, did he ever open your snap?" Her eyes were glowing with excitement like she had been waiting all night to ask me.

"He opened it while I was driving here from Harper's house, and he snapped me back." My car announces any notifications I get, and when I got here, I saw that he had opened it too.

"WE HAVE TO OPEN IT! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!" I purposely didn't open it in the car so Savannah could be there when I opened it. 

"Oh my god, he's hot! Can we send him a picture of you and me?"

"Well, of course! Want to send a timer pic?" She looked at me and smiled when I agreed.

"Yes!" We set the phone up on the table at the foot of her bed. We both posed as the timer went off. I saved the picture to my memories and camera roll before sending it. He immediately opened it and snapped me back. He asked who the girl with me was in the picture he sent.

Savannah took my phone and started taking a video, "My name is Savannah, and I'm 12. Lydia goes around to kids' hospital rooms and reads to them. She came in yesterday to read to me because I have a rare form of cancer. Now we are best friends." She pressed the send button, and he opened it.

He sent a video back, and I gave my phone to Savannah to open it, "Hey Savannah. I'm Hunter. I'm also one of Lydia's friends. Don't tell her, but I think you guys may be tied on how beautiful you guys are." He did not. Did he just call me beautiful?

Savannah looked at me, and both of us had wide eyes with our jaws on the floor. "I think I need to keep you around every time he snaps me." I joke. I cannot believe he actually called me beautiful.

Savannah set up the camera and started another video, "Welcome to fits with Sav. I'm Savannah Faye, sporting this amazing hospital sweatshirt and black leggings," She stood up and showed off her outfit, "and this is Lydia Rose sporting grey sweats, a black crop top, and a blue flannel. Don't forget the flawless day-old curls and last night's mascara." Ok. That made me laugh.

Sav sent the video, and I looked at the time. "Sorry, Sav, but it looks like I got to go read to that one little girl in room 212. You aren't on my schedule today, but I will make sure to stop in and visit later!" I left the room and said bye. I have 3 cancer patients and 2 CF patients to read to today. I was a little sad when I saw that Sav wasn't on my schedule today, but I know that I get to read with her again tomorrow.