Down The Rabbit Hole (boyXboy)

AJ was wakjing through the woods, his converse all-stars crunching the dead leaves. He couldn't get Jack out of his head. He was confused.

He finally made his way into his house, walking up the stairs to his bedroom. All over the walls were sketches ofthis dream he had been having often. People or places, sometimes even just a mysterious plant. Everything was so vibrant.

His cell phone rang and he quickly picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey. It's Jack. I'm on your street and wanted to know if you wanted to go for a walk?"

"Yeah!-i mean-that sounds cool give me a sec to grab my stuff." After a quick goodbye he hung up. AJ practically floated to get his black hoodie and converse. He shoved his wallet and phone into the back pocket of his black skinny jeans and flipped up the hood of his sweatshirt to cover most of his sandy blond hair. He hated his hair color. He was always teased because it was quite abnormal.

Well his hair color was the least of his worries. Everyone at school ridiculed him because he was gay. He told his 'friends' and it spread like wildfire.

Jack was his only friend and pretty popular.

Why would he hangout with someone like me? AJ wondered as he locked the door of his house and walked a ways down the street before meeting up with Jack. AJ made a nervous giggle as he walked up to Jack who was sitting on the curb. "What was that?" Jack questioned. "Nothing ba- I mean buddy."

"Ok then."

Both boys walked down the street for a few minutes until Jack suggested that they go to the park. AJ knew that the park was closed but he couldn't resist Jack's begging smile. They walked through the gate of the park and up to the swing. AJ made a begging face trying to get Jack to push him on the swings. Jack walked behind AJ and put his hands on his back. AJ grabbed the chains of the swing and Jack pushed him high into the air. AJ yelled "weee!" as Jack pushed him higher. Jack's hand accidentally slipped down AJ's back and brushed his butt. Both boys blushed and Jack stopped pushing. AJ didn't question it and started slowing his swing.

They sat at one of the picnic tables and sat in silence for about a minute until Jack suggested they venture into the forest. "Sure!" AJ said eager to bring the awkward down a notch.