Chapter 2

It was five minutes before there was any sound coming from outside the cave. Zeke grabbed his gun, but a familiar voice stopped him. 

“Calm down. It’s only me.”

“Natalie?” Cam gasped as a girl came through, wringing her hair out. 

“Indeed.” Natalie was tall and fit, with fair skin and hair so dark it was almost black. Her dark blue eyes glinted in the firelight, and she smiled. “And I see we’re with the company of the divines.”

“Ravan.” Nix chuckled. “I see you’re as heartless as ever.”

“Shush it, you whore. Also, Daz.” she turned to the blonde, who raised an eyebrow. “Your people are coming. With two others from Earth.”

“Who?” Cam asked. 

“Melody and Racheal.”

“What?” Anyone from Westhaven shouted. Natalie chuckled and sat near the fire. “They’re alive?”

“Oh yes. The stormchasers are on their way. Including your lover.”

Daz snickered, and Zeke blinked in confusion. “You seem to be quite friendly with these guys.”

“I fucked around and found out with my cousins.” Natalie chuckled. “Also, Belladonna?”

“What?” Jace growled.

“I was under the impression your sister was the runt.” 

“Yeah, why?”

“Oh, come now. Don’t play as stupid as everyone believes you are.” Natalie sighed. “You have to guess where this is going.”

“All you asked was if May was the runt.”

Natalie sighed, rolling her eyes deeply. “She couldn’t shift despite being a lycanthrope. Correct?”

Jace’s eyes widened, and he gared more, baring his fangs. “What are you saying?”

“What do you think?” 

“Hold on.” Cam made a t with his hands. “May’s a werwolf?”

“Yes.” Natalie and Jace sighed in unison. 

“How come we’ve never known?” Judah questioned. 

“May could never shift, not on command or a full moon.” Jace sighed. “It’s where she got the title of runt.”

Bek blinked in surprise. “She never–”

“Told you?” Jace chuckled. “Why would she? But you’re saying she can–”

“Considering she tried to attack Melody.” Natalie did her usual shrug. “I recognize her markings.”

“Wait, you found Melody?” Zeke asked.

“Oh. I forgot that Melody went missing for a while.” Natalie almost smiled. “But yes, after we found her, this girl with sandy blonde hair tried killing her, saying she’d pay for what she did to ‘him.’ It was quite the sight.”

“Did you…” Soren trailed off. 

“Oh! Divines, no!” Natalie looked almost offended that Soren would suggest it. “But we found out that Moonbell potions also work with possession.”

“And how did you find this out?” Zeke asked shakily, fearful of the possible answer.

There was a sudden retching sound, followed by someone vomiting. Zeke turned to see Racheal held up by two stormchasers as she threw up.