Short One Shot: Mornings

A slit of light peered through the small opening of the soft, gray curtains. Rousing me from sleep for the third time that morning, I opened my eyes with a small groan. A pleasant warmth could be felt against the side of my cheek. The rising chest and soft snores of my husband brought a smile to my face. I nuzzled myself closely against him, wanting more of his warmth. He was like a furnace. "Baby?" I said very softly. "Mmmm.." He only groaned in response, shifting slightly in his sleep. Eren was up late last night for a meeting, so he hadn;t come home until around 1 in the morning. I glanced towards the clock on the nightstand. 7:34 it read. He wouldn't be up for awhile. I sighed.
An hour passed, where I layed there, snuggled up against a still sleeping Eren. I didn't want to move, but I was getting bored. With caution, I brought a hand to brush my fingers through his soft, silky hair. His eyes twitched at this, which immediately brought a slight frown to my face. I didn't want to wake him, so I slowly brought my hand away. "Levi, keep doing that." I heard him groan. His eyes shifted open, and his arms pulled me tightly against him. "It felt good." I pursed my lips, then brought my hand back to his head. "I didn't mean to wake you sweetheart." He shook his head, and brought his lips to mine, kissing my briefly. "Mm, it's alright. I would've woken up sooner or later.
I frowned, biting my lip. He raised a brow in concern, and took a hand to reassuringly caress my hip. "What's the matter?" He asked softly. "Go back to sleep. It's early, and I know you're tired." He only smiled. "C'mere." He buried his face into the crook of my neck and hummed in content. I couldn't help but to giggle. "Erenn, cmon. I want to get up and you need sleep." I whined. "Noooo, babyy stayyy." He whined along with me, pressing light kisses against my shoulder. "Another hour wouldn't hurt I suppose. Though, you're getting up with me, and we're having a nice breakfast." He chuckled. "Fine." I giggled once more before fluttering my eyes shut, and embracing the warmth. "Good."