7

Bright Rhyme

"Rhyme, we're having lunch together. You can't say no to us anymore!" Sandy approached me. "You don't look quite okay since you got back... And we can't take it anymore!"

Sandy is one of the new recruits that I'm currently training since Uncle Carl and Uncle Louis have been out of town for a month already. All of a sudden they have relatives who need them. It's kinda weird why they're away for a long time but I guess it's a good thing they're finally able to take a break.

If I wasn't busy for the past weeks with all the training that I have to administer for these interns, I would go crazy since Raven has also been on a business trip abroad for around 2 months now.

My only consolation was he spent Christmas with me.

His private jet flew me to Langkawi and I met him there 3 days before Christmas.

We stayed in a sprawling villa that was the only structure in one of the private islands there. The water was crystal clear and in different shades of blue from that which is closest to the powder white sand to the darkest in the horizon.

It was paradise.. Especially because I'm with him.

He wanted to bring me to Europe so we can ski in the Alps but traveling will take up too much of our time so he said he'll bring me there in the next months.

It was the first time we're alone, away from our families and the public eye.

He didn't want to officially release to the press our relationship unless I say yes. I wanted to say yes to him while we're alone but he didn't ask again so...

Well, I know it's stupid but, I want him to ask me again and then I'll pop my answer. I weighed the pros and cons in my head so many times on my way to him and even during those times that the sexual tension between us gets completely unnerving... but in the end I stuck with my decision.. To wait.

Honestly, these past months, I couldn't count with my fingers the times when I wanted to reject him and just tell him that we'll just be friends but at the end of the day... I don't want to go back to being alone. I've been overthinking too much when he's away but when his face appears on my phone screen, all my doubts and fears just vanish into thin air.

I'm totally horrified with the idea that if we're already together, he'll have to share the news with the press to end all the rumors that had been circulating about us. I've been swamped with reporters several times. That's why I had to agree that he'll provide me with bodyguards to protect me from the media and a Mercedes Executive van with a driver for added security measures when I'm running errands. I initially insisted that I didn't want anything fancy or customized and worth millions. None of my initial requests were granted. He stood his ground on bulletproofing it but I still had the last say when I specified that I don't want any more upgrades.

Truth be told, I've learned to compromise with him.

I'm trying to get used to this life... Since I've made up my mind to say yes. It's still all so surreal but if he has slowly been adjusting to a life with me, then there's no reason why I shouldn't follow suit.

And part of getting used to being the lover of a super busy CEO is accepting the fact that your quality time with him no matter how important it is that he be with you should be able to wait until he's available. Well he does make time for me even though he's wanted by everyone in his world but today is just one of those days when I have to step aside and stand in line... and wait for my turn.

Even if today is my birthday.

He wanted us to come home together but he still has some stuff to wrap up in Singapore, one of the countries where he was working on something the past months so I had to come home ahead of him after our vacay in that amazing island.