Chapter 20 "Terror Projection"

Zhang Jue looked at Yang Xue, who had already lost consciousness, and rushed up with a single step, grabbing the long tail of Cockatrice and swinging it round to smash it against the wall.

"Dare to look at me huh?! Dare to look at me huh?! Dare to look at me huh?!" Every time he said a word, he smashed it against the wall. Cockatrice's head was banged to the wall, and the beast was stunned.

Usually, people would either freeze or be scared to run away so that they wouldn't look at him straight away. But in the end, this man was a total monster. Only SCP-087-1 could understand what it had felt when facing Zhang Jue.

The body of Cockatrice is only 60 cm, but the smooth and thin tail is 120 cm long, and Zhang Jue took it as a whip to smash it around. The bottles and jars in the area were destroyed, and almost all of them were smashed to pieces by Zhang Jue.

After three minutes, Zhang Jue felt his wrist was a little sore, so he casually threw SCP-1013 on the ground. Cockatrice was limping in the corner, and its brain had already been smashed. It probably never dreamed that it would die in this way and unfortunate destiny for SCP-1013.

Zhang Jue casually clapped his hands, the danger was lifted, and he went to see how Yang Xue was doing. Yang Xue and SCP-1013 hadn't spent much time looking at each other, and the damage to her bodily functions was minor, so Zhang Jue gently patted her cheek, and she regained consciousness.

"Watch out! There's SCP-1013 inside!" Seeing Zhang Jue, she whispered.

"Ah, you mean that thing?" Zhang Jue pointed at Cockatrice on the ground, "I've already taken care of."

Yang Xue froze for half a minute when she saw the tragic death of that Cockatrice, then sighed. "It's disheartening, and I'm in favor of you killing it, but can you... end its suffering?"

Zhang Jue nodded, sincere attitude to accept criticism: "Ah, okay, next time I'll be more understandable. Anyone who looks at me again, I'll let them die with a little dignity, sounds good?" Obviously, a very typical word comes out of Zhang Jue, knowing he has a habit of being a gangster.

Yang Xue shakes her head, not thinking too much on this matter.

There was a body of a security officer on the bed, mostly calcified, and Cockatrice was enjoying its meal when Yang Xue barged in. The man was wearing the uniform of a security officer, not a member of the surveillance staff, and he hadn't been killed by the intruder but by SCP-1013.

Zhang Jue examined the body and didn't find anything. Just when he was about to concentrate.

"Zhang, Zhang Jue." Yang Xue suddenly called out to him twice, her voice trembling.

"What's wrong?" Zhang Jue turned around and followed her gaze, only to see a dozen SCP-1013s blocking the doorway.

All of them had opened their neck puffs like enraged fighting chickens, looking like they were about to rush in and tear two of them apart. Zhang Jue looked around, and Cockatrices are flock animals, probably the blood of their kind attracted them over. Yang Xue shuddered slightly. As a female, she was inherently vulnerable to such a horrific monster-type anomalous creature, and she could not blame herself for it.

Zhang Jue took a step forward and shielded her. Somehow, looking at Zhang Jue's back, she suddenly wasn't afraid at all, the same as she had been in the stairwell. It seemed that as long as Zhang Jue was there, all problems were not problems.

Zhang Jue shouted and said, "I must say, you guys are getting tired of living, aren't you?" His tone rose slightly, with a slight hint of a threat.

If the other party was human, it might have been effective, but what was outside the door now was a group of monsters. Yang Xue thought so, but something else had surprised her. Dozens of SCP-1013 shrunk their necks and were too scared to move after Zhang Jue threatened them.