Chapter 39 "I'm Gonna F*cking Kill You"

Zhang Jue's smile seems to have a magical power to put people at ease. I don't know if it's the same for others, but Yang Xue has always felt this way. Just by seeing that smile, it seemed that all problems could be solved. Zhang Shijia did not know what they were looking for and was confused.

"Mr. Zhang, may I ask what seems to be the problem?"

Zhang Jue didn't answer his words but asked, "Senior Zhang, I heard that you wrote this script?"

"Er... yeah, why?" Zhang Jue asked this, and Zhang Shijia stammered.

He was a doctor of literature, and the theatre club's scripts had always been written by himself, but this time it wasn't the case; he had found this script by chance on an old bookstore. The wonderful plot of the play made him fall in love with it, but unfortunately, he had never heard anything about the author or the script origin.

Although it was strange, he didn't think much of it because of the old packaging of the script. After a little bit of rewriting, it became his theatrical magnum opus. However, for Zhang Jue, born from an ancestor of liars, fooling people was his specialty. How could Zhang Shijia's little trick escape his eyes?

He pulled Zhang Shijia into a corner and whispered, "Shijia, I'm not going to lie, but I've actually read this play elsewhere. It was written by a French writer in the 17th century, and it's wonderful. But I lost it by accident. -I just want to see the play again to relieve the regret of losing it, that's all."

To say that Zhang Jue's acting was a step above serious dramatic actors. With his voice and emotion, this improvisation of his had fooled Zhang Shijia so much that he almost limped.

Zhang Shijia replied almost mechanically, "Well... the original script was in my office."

Zhang Jue put his arm around Zhang Shijia's shoulders, "Good, can you bring it for me to see? The raging fire in my body can't be restrained!" Yang Xue covered her mouth and almost laughed out loud. Zhang Jue finally gave her a blank look.

The three of them went to Zhang Shijia's office. Zhang Shijia took out the original yellowed script from his desk drawer. Zhang Jue took it in his hand, flipped through it a few times, then casually rolled it up and put it in his pocket. The action was so natural as if he owned it.

"Eh..."

Zhang Shijia's heart was reluctant, and his hand was already half outstretched. But remembering what his uncle had said, he gritted his teeth and turned his head away—no longer looking at him. Zhang Jue felt like a bully who was bullying people and robbing them by force - but it was a damn good feeling, hahaha!

Seeing that Zhang Jue had won, Yang Xue asked in a small voice, "What the hell was that?"

Zhang Jue glanced at Zhang Shijia to make sure his attention was not here and replied softly, "SCP-701."

Item No: SCP-701 (The Hanged King's Tragedy)

Object Class: Euclid

Description: SCP-701, The Hanged King's Tragedy, is a Caroline-era revenge tragedy in five acts. Performances of the play are associated with sudden psychotic and suicidal behavior among both observers and participants, and lead to the appearance of the enigmatic character designated as SCP-701-1 (The Hanged King).

Historical estimates place the number of lives claimed by the play at between █████ and █████ over the past three hundred years. In short, SCP-701 is a self-evolving memetic virus transmitted through unknown means through the text of the play.

Foundation agents are under standing orders to suppress any performance or publication of SCP-701 whenever found or detected. However, despite our best efforts to the contrary, the play remains freely available online, sometimes under different titles. All attempts to detect or isolate the origin of these copies have failed.