Chapter 1

10:20am
My eyes started to flicker open, as the small rays of sunlight creeped past my curtains.
Today is a Monday, the worst day to be alive on.
I slowly got up from my bed, rubbing my tired eyes as I yawned. I looked through my wardrobe to find my school clothes, slowly putting them as I still continue to feel half asleep.

After spending 15mins getting changed, I headed downstairs to eat some crappy toast with a small spread of butter. I sighed, only having a tiny bite, as I take a sip of water, my mother walks into the kitchen with her eyes looking puffy again.

It had to happen again.... I don't understand why she doesn't just dump dad, he's ruining her... I just don't get it.

I gave her a small wave, she noticed and gave a small wave back as she formed some kind of smile. I returned the smile, as I got up from my seat, I gave her a hug patting her back.

As I left the kitchen, grabbing my backpack, getting my shoes on, taking a small breath in and rubbing my eyes again.

"I'm heading out to school, love you mum"

She looked at me for a split second, I swore I saw her say something but I couldn't hear it.

I stepped into the outside world, it was rather bright outside for a Monday but no less its not like the weather could change anything. I started my journey to school, couple minutes passed, my best mate; Kenji caught up with me.

"Hey! Kiyoshi, how is it..?"

"It's a Monday, don't know what you would expect, same old crap.."

"Don't be like that! I know Mondays are always the worst days, but you gotta stop being so negative!"

<<I don't know how he does this, how can you be so positive about everything it's just unnatural, although I'm glad to have somebody like Kenji>>

"HEY!! KIYOSHI, WATCH OUT!!"

I felt a slight tug, dragging me back to the path, I had no clue what was going on then, but Kenji looked right at me so suddenly.

"Have you got a death wish or something..!?! You nearly got ran over!"

"Oh.. did I?"

"How can you be so clueless!?! How much sleep did you get?"

"Maybe like 5hrs or something, my memory is weird"

I was about to walk away before Kenji grabbed my shoulder, stopping me, I turned around confused about his behaviour today.

Kenji gave me a hug, I felt a strange feeling enter my stomach, what was it? Im not sure. I haven't been hugged by somebody in a while. It feels nice.

"uhh...you alright?" I asked.

"S-sorry! I just wanted to give you a hug"
Kenji let go, placing his hand on his neck and his facial expressions were obviously hinting that what he said wasn't the main reason.

"alright then, let's go"

-----------------------