Chapter One

Chapter One
Till next time...

 Juniper walked a few steps behind blue, he led the way

Juniper walked a few steps behind blue, he led the way. Honestly she hadn't really a clue where they were headed other then the fact it was north. That was it, she didn't have a destination in place, all she knew was she started in Florida and was now well now she wasn't in Florida. The dog circled back to her and she smiled at the poor thing, he hadn't a clue either. June looked around and once she realized she had a little while to be safe, she pulled her bag pack off and looked for some food for the both of them.

It had been hard to find food lately, it was just forest, hell blue found and ate more then she did sometimes. Hungry dogs are never loyal or whatever the phrase was. Looking through the back two bottles of water a few granola bars a tampon, dog food, a couple cans of whatever she grabbed on her last run, some jerky and a notebook. She looked up at the sky and prayed to whatever was left for better days. Juniper scratched the dogs head, before she saw him on guard. She could see the rotters and zipped her bag up, "come on," as all she had to say for them to start walking again as blue lead the way, she readjusted her bow and arrows and bag-pack so that it didn't dig into her shoulder as her hand rest on her machete. 

She heard gun shots and blue ran off, for a dog that had taken down enough of the dead, she couldn't believe he was scared of gunfire. She ran off after him to the road, but when she got there all she saw was dead dogs and a group. She trigger-finger laid on her automatic as she looked at them then looked at the dogs to make sure blue wasn't one of them.

"Y'all seen my dog?" Was all she said to the group that looked worse then she did. Sure she understood that might not be the best why to start a conversation with a group, but she didn't care anymore.

None of them said a word just hand to rested on weapons, it almost made her laugh, she used to look forward to the dead someone put her out of her misery. Juniper pulled her bag back off and watched as each and everyone of them pulled their weapons on her she continued to open her bag dispute the screaming voice in her head telling her just keep walking. They are just another threat in the long run.

June looked between her water bottles snd gave them the one with less water. Though it was pretty then they look like they had in awhile. She took a sip out of the water to show it wasn't poisoned of anything and handed it to the man with the baby. He didn't take it at first instead he just looked at her. "This is a limited time offer, I have a dog to find and not staring here all day for you to take it," to warned him. He took the water bottle from her and nodded his head. June went on, "his a big ol' black mutt with a blue collar, do me a favor and don't kill him if you run into him," she smiled softly and don't want to imagine him being dead.

There was no response, to show they would or wound, "till next time then..." She nodded her head and start to walk away from them. She wanted to say I got more bullets then I got reasons to be alive, so don't shot my dog. But remind silent as she walked away down the road in hopes of finding blue again. She should've just kept her water a group that big wouldn't make it anyways not with the look of them now.