Chapter 1:

Maya's Pov:
"Good morning Marley" I Said gently rubbing her back to get her to wake up. "You have school today"
She slowly opened her eyes and began to get out of bed.

Making sure that Marley was definitely getting up and wasn't going to go back to bed I walked out and shut her bedroom door to give her some privacy. I then went to go wake up Carina and Is oldest daughter Iris. She is 16.

Carina's Pov:
I knew that Maya had gone to wake the girls up so I slowly crept into our 6 year old son Luca's room to wake him up and get him ready for school. "Which Outfit would you like bambina?" I asked the still tired 6 year old while holding up 2 outfits. "That one" he said excitedly pointing to the green and blue striped top with some jeans and his trainers. I helped him get dressed before helping him brush his teeth before we both headed downstairs so I could make a start on breakfast.

Maya's Pov:
"Good morning my love!" I smiled upon entering the kitchen just to be met with the amazing smell of Carina's french toast. "Good morning bella!" She smiled coming over to give me a kiss. "Morning mum and mama" we turned around to see Iris entering the kitchen. "Iris!" Luca giggled excitedly at seeing his sister. Iris smiled and went to sit down at the table next to Luca to eat her breakfast. "Where's Marley bella?" Carina asked me but I just replied by shrugging my shoulders. "Marley come on baby we need to leave soon!" I called up the stairs.

Marley's Pov:
As soon as I heard mum call me from downstairs I knew I had to go and eat breakfast, the truth is I was too worried about going back to school that I felt too sick to eat. I went downstairs anyway and sat next to Iris at the table just picking at my food. "Mars are you okay?" Mum questioned noticing I wasn't eating anything. I just nodded my head in response and looked at the floor.

A few minutes later it was time to head to school. Mama had already left to go to work so it was just mum taking us to school today. "Grab your bags and get in the car girls" she said as she was helping Luca put on his shoes. Iris left me to go get in the car and I just stood frozen in the hallway dreading going to school. "Marley what's wrong my love?" Mum asked upon entering the house after just putting Luca in the car. I didn't know what to say so I just burst out crying, "mum" I cried "please don't make me go" I said wrapping my arms around her waist wanting some comfort. "Oh Mars" she said using her nickname for me, "Its your first day back after summer it's okay to be nervous but I promise you there is nothing to be worried about okay?" She reassured me and I nodded my head in response. "Good girl" she smiled as she kissed the top of my head before we made our way out to the car.
"Mum" I heard Iris asked as I was staring out the car window "are we going to the hospital or station after school?" She asked. "Station please love your mama has a late shift tonight" Mum replied.

*10 minutes later*
Mum just dropped me and Iris off at school and we were heading to our first lesson. Mine was maths so I said goodbye to Iris and walked into my classroom. I sat down at a desk and looked through the textbook that was on the desk for a few minutes while we waited for the rest of the class to enter. When the lesson started I knew it was going to be a bad lesson since we were learning about surds. Who even decided that we should have to learn about surds they are literally the worst part of maths and that's coming from someone who loves maths. "Marley" my teacher, Mr Wilson, called on me, "Can you answer question 7 for me please" "Um 27" I guessed quietly. "Correct he smiled at me. I love Mr Wilson he's probably my favourite teacher.

The bell went to signal the end of class so I got up to go to my next lesson which was History. "Hi" a girl said to me as I sat down at a desk. "Hi" I replied back quietly. "You have mr Wilson for maths don't you?" She asked me happily. "Yeah" I replied smiling. "Me too!" She exclaimed happily "and I think we have biology together! We ended up having a lot of lessons together and I found out she wanted to be a surgeon too! "Anyway my names Marley, what's yours?" I asked her after realising I didn't know her name. "Oh my names Hannah!"

At lunch I couldn't find Iris anywhere, knowing her she was probably in the library reading. Iris loves reading and writing stories, I look through some of her notebooks at home sometimes and they are just filled with hundreds of stories, they are really good as well!. When she's older I think Iris either wants to be a firefighter like our mum or an author, I reckon she would be good at both jobs, maybe she could write books about being a firefighter! that would be cool!

I was forced out of my daydream when I heard the bell ring signalling the end of lunch. I quickly walked to my last lesson of the day which was English, English is so boring we are studying Macbeth and its such a bad play no offence to Shakespeare but reading just isn't my thing, I prefer science and maths.

After a long lesson later, Iris and I have just picked up Luca from his school and the three of us are making our way to the station, I will probably just sit in mum's bunk room and do some homework we got given in maths earlier. I've never been the biggest fan of the station but it is a cool place to be I guess. I just hope the alarm doesn't go off and that mum can stay here and not run off into a fire, I don't tell anyone this but it really scares me every time mum gets called out.

Iris' POV:

"We're here!" I call out as we enter the fire station, "Andy!" I call out as I run towards my favourite aunt and hug her, "Hey Iris how was school" she asks me, "Good" I reply as I turn round to the sound of giggling and see that Travis has taught Luca and Marley how to make paper airplanes at the front desk and where now flying them around reception. "First one into the beanery gets one of uncle Travis' secret chocolates!" I call out at my siblings, with that everyone ran into the beanery, I won of course but I'm nice so I gave my siblings some chocolate as well before we sat down at the table and began some homework.

Maya's POV:

I heard a sudden rush of feet outside my office and knew that my children were back from school so I went out to the beanery to greet them, "Hey guys how was school?" I asked as I kissed Luca on the head as he happily did some colouring. "Boring like usual but I did find out that school re-did the library and its so cool now! It has a million different books on becoming a firefighter!" Iris told me excitedly, "Oh so you wanna be a firefighter do you?" I smirked at my oldest daughter, "I still haven't decided yet mum" Iris sighed before reading her book again. I walked round the table and peeked over my youngest daughters shoulder, watching her do maths homework, "You know, I really don't understand how you like maths, Mars" I chuckled as Marley lifted her head slightly to look at me. "Hey don't laugh at your child just because she likes maths!" Vic said before lightly pushing my shoulder. "Don't listen to her Mars, maths is great." Vic whispered in her ear and I saw Marley smile.

A few hours later I had gotten myself and the kids all home, made dinner which we all ate happily while enjoying a movie and I had gotten Luca settled asleep in bed. I knew Iris was awake reading so I went to check on Marley, she's usually quiet but I think she's really cute, "Hey Mars," I say gently going to sit on the edge of her bed, "Hi mum" she replied sleepily, "Time for bed ok?" I say gently kissing her forehead and placing a blanket over her. "Night mum, I love you" Marley whispers before I turn the light off and close her bedroom door.

================================================================================Hey guys, hope you like this chapter. If there's anything your confused about or want adding just let me know and I will see what I can do.