Chapter 3 - Smile

Bolded words - Spanish

。。。。。

Dolores's P.O.V. ~

I was about to leave until I stubbed my foot on small bag. "Camilo, do you know who owns this?" Camilo looked over to me then to my hand where it held the bag. "Seems familiar, mind I hold on to it? I might remember who owns it thanks!" Camilo snatched the bag then ran off to Casita.

That was weird, not the part where he took the bag from me immediately but the part where he's not formal anymore. He did a complete personality switch when the newcomers were here.

Camilo's P.O.V. ~

I ran straight to my room, I was wary of Y/N and him not wanting his gift to be revealed just confirms my suspicion. I do know that it was Y/N's bag, a little inspection won't hurt right? I opened the bag, it had a rectangular device, a wallet and a napkin.

I opened the wallet to find a picture of him in it smiling. He looks good when smiling, probably because I'm used to him holding up a neutral expression. He had some money that could buy him some snacks, nothing more.

Putting the wallet back inside the bag to where I got it and pulling out the rectangular device. I'm familiar with this device since some of the newcomers that come to dinner pull out these. They call it a "Phone", I've always wanted to try using one.

So in conclusion, I know how to open the device because I observed when the newcomers use their phones nothing else.

When I turned it on, I was blinded. It was too bright, how can his eyes even handle this? I Immediately shut the phone off.

I was about to put the phone back but I forgot what zipper it belonged to. I made a guess and picked the biggest zipper.

Next is the napkin, nothing special. It was folded neatly with a baby panda on the corner eating.

Y/N's P.O.V. ~

"GRANDMA!" I sprinted towards the living room to see her sitting on the couch. Grandma, who's name is Mary, the holder of our magical lamp. In the Madrigals they have a magical candle, in the L/Ns we have a magical lamp.

Grandma Mary wasn't the original holder. The original holder was her grandmother, she passed away and Grandma Mary being the one the most similar to her grandmother because 1. Both of them aren't gifted and 2. They are the ones who get along the most with everyone.

"Grandma, can I go back to the Madrigals?" Grandma Mary looked at me in confusion. "Oh uh, dad probably didn't tell you." I breathed it and out, explaining things isn't my forte but I hope I can explain it well.

"Dad found Madrigals, they have gifts, the power kind gifts, they are nice and I wanna go back there because I left my bag." Yep, I butchered the explanation. "Well, if your dad allows you to, I'll allow you to go back there."

"Okay Grandma take care I'm gonna go ask dad now byee!!" I sprinted towards Dad's room. I knocked on it once and heard footsteps behind the door.

The door opened and dad stared at me. "What do you want?" Okay if you would naturally read it, it would sound like it was rude but dad stated it like he was genuinely curious for my interruption. "Can I go back at the Madrigals? I left my bag somewhere there."

"Did you ask Grandma?"
"Yes."
"What did she say?"
"She said that I could if I asked you."

Dad sighed, "Okay, meet me at the house of the Madrigals in an hour to pick you up, you understand?" I nodded. After that he touched me and the next thing I knew, I was back at the place where I last saw Camilo and Dolores. Where I last saw the cat.