Chapter 4 - Help

Bolded words - Spanish

。。。。。

Camilo's P.O.V. ~

"Camilo, at this point you have to show your gift to him." Abuela said to me when going inside. "I know that you're afraid of scaring him, be subtle with it." I didn't even notice Dolores was there due to her quietness.

"Dolores, can I," I hesitated but then gave in. "Can I ask for your help tomorrow?" My sister, OLDER sister knows what I'm asking help for. She literally hears everything, of course she's gonna know.

The three of us, Abuela, Dolores and me went inside as it was already late. I just did my nighttime routine, sneakily eating some snacks, brush my teeth then go to bed hoping for a nice dream waiting for me.

。。。。。

I woke up from my bed when I heard Mirabel knocking on the door. It was usual for her to be the first one to wake up. "Breakfast is ready!" Mirabel screamed then moves on to another door to harass, probably Dolores's.

Wearing my everyday outfit, looked at the mirror to see if somethings wrong. It felt like something was wrong, I reminded myself that 'it's breakfast, the others might be waiting.'

I could see Dolores waiting for me to sit next to her and so I did. I took a bite once everyone was on the table, hoping the food to heal what's wrong.

Abuela was talking about the L/Ns. Soon she asked Dolores if they are hiding something. "No. They don't seem like hiding any secrets." Dolores then returned to eating. I was so focused on how I should show my power to Y/N, the L/N that caught my eye.

"Well what about you Camilo?" My mother Pepa called. "Huh? Wai— what?" I was trying to make out my words. "What you think about the L/Ns." Pepa repeated her words. "I, I think they are nice. Especially Y/N, he's fun to get along with." I responded earning some curious looks "Was he the one who refused to tell his gift?" Isabela asked.

"Yep." I took another bite of my breakfast on the table. "I call bias, is it because you finally met another male teenager?" Mirabel pointed out sarcastically.

I giggled "Maybe." That was the end of the conversation as Abuela ended it with a "Alright everyone! We still have work to do, remember to take a break. Everyone together, La Familia Madrigal!"

Everyone including me said "La Familia Madrigal" at the same time Abuela did.

I stood up from the table and started to go outside, I was about to touch the front door till someone tapped my shoulder. It was Dolores.

"What did you need for help?"
"Huh?"
"What Y/N said about you remembering where to even go when you don't even remember the words you said yesterday."

"Wait you listened into our conversation?" I almost shouted. "Shh, you're gonna hurt my ears." Dolores shushed me. I then remembered that I wanted to ask Dolores for help, "Oh yeah, can you help me on how to show my gift to Y/N?"

"Oh about that?" Dolores asking me again thinking she heard it wrong even though she has supernatural hearing. "I don't wanna scare Y/N off, I think he hates the surprises." I responded to her confirming her question.

"I don't think I can help you with that, try asking Mirabel or Isabela since the others are busy, I can hear Antonio talking to the Donkey Luisa is lifting." She was about to leave, "Why not Pepa or Felix?"

Dolores giggled "You know they will just answer you with a very vague answer." Yeah. When I asked Pepa on where to put her jewelry, she just said 'In my room!' not indicating on which cabinet. And when I asked Felix about the new books he bought for me, he said 'It's nice.' not telling me what the story was even about.