Presumed Dead

Callen and Sam went into a building to rescue a captive, then the building exploded. No body parts were found by the fire department, but Callen and Sam didn't call the team.

Granger and Kensi and Deeks and Nell went out to look for them, Eric wanted to come as well, but Granger told him to stay behind to look after Hetty.

At the crime scene

'You 2 sure that there was no body parts?' Granger asked Deeks and Kensi.

'The fire department confirmed it. It's very possible that they got out before the blast.' Kensi replied.

'Well, they're probably in hiding if they survived. Check all places they would probably go to to hide, and keep trying to call them.'

'How's Hetty?' Deeks asked.

'Upset. Which is understandable.' Granger replied.

At work

Eric went to Hetty's office to check on her, when he heard crying. He went behind her screen, and saw Hetty crying.

'Oh! Mr. Beale, I didn't see you there.' Hetty said, embarrassed.

'That's okay, are you okay?'

'Not really. I know they're most likely alive, but the thought of them being presumed dead, it's very painful!'

'I can tell. Do you want me to stay with you for a bit? Or at least until I get an update on my tablet?'

'That'd be very nice.'

At the end of the day, they didn't find them. Granger went to tell Hetty that it was possible that they might be at 1 of the safe houses.

'I think it's best we both go home now to try and rest.' He said.

'Good idea.'

They tried to sleep, but it wasn't easy given that 2 of their team mates were still out there.

At midnight, Granger woke up, turned and saw Hetty was still awake, even though she was on her side.

He put his arms around her and whispered:

'You're not alone, we will find them.'

'I know. It's 1 reason why I love you.' She whispered back.

They eventually went back to sleep.

Later that day, Callen and Sam emerged from 1 of the safe houses, and said that they went into hiding as a precaution because they thought they were being hunted.

When the case was over, Hetty thanked them both for still being alive, and scolded them for scaring her and the team.