Chapter 7 - Beginning of Something

Everyone in the crowd was genuinely surprised, Some even started to call me names like Queen Slayer, Ironically referring to my final move against Sakayanagi's queen and her status as a "Queen of this School". I quickly noticed Horikita and Ichinose with the crowd, seems like they are spectating the match like other students.

If this happened a few days ago, Maybe Ichinose and Horikita would have started to converse with me without wasting a second. But... things are different now. The special exam currently airing has caused drastic changes in my relationship with others. The ones who technically saw me as a friend now see me as a target.

Currently, Kei is the only one I can trust. We're just one meet-up away from clearing our misunderstandings. This exam, which is obviously schemed by him is well thought out than it seems. They must have thought of destroying my relations with other students which will cause me to get frustrated, sad, and angry, which will eventually lead to my own destruction. Maybe I am just exaggerating an emotional attack more than it deserves. As expected, Nagumo picked up on the things this exam lacked and started to reinforce them with his authority.

Things would start to get more serious, soon people will actually be able to fight against me

Things would start to get more serious, soon people will actually be able to fight against me. Perhaps there is a good chance most will choose a path of violence. Before things escalate, I need to visit Kei as soon as possible.

- Change of Pov - Horikita -

Horikita: "We have to reorganize ourselves quickly. As of the information I received, 1-year students started their preparations against him. We can't delay our recovery much longer."

Hirata: "Is Ichinose alright? She seems to be the most affected by this."

Horikita: "She is feeling much better now. Ichinose has a stronger will than I imagined. We spoke about it yesterday."

- Flashback to yesterday -

Everyone was shocked, He had done it. He defeated Sakayanagi, Who was rumored to be the smartest 2nd-year student. Maybe Ayanokoji held back against Sakayanagi at the 1-year finals? If he did hold back, what does he gain from that? Why does he hate gaining attention from others?

While I was thinking about the past, Ayanokoji quickly disappeared into the crowd.

Ichinose: "He defeated Sakayanagi, my suspicions were indeed correct. He isn't a typical student, he is much more than that. Maybe what I overheard from the acting director is...."

Ichinose says it with a shocked face, but I can see through her lies. She is actually sad... I can feel her sadness from my own heart. Also, what was she saying about the acting director?

Maybe I should tell her the things about him in order to gain the information she knows as exchange. This might also deepen our trust in each other.

Horikita: "Ichinose, The assumptions you've made are much more accurate than it seems. Perhaps, It's almost the truth."