Time is merciless

On a sheer display of anger, the rain heavily hits and blasts at the soil of the plateau. The deafening sounds of the droplets made it hard for anybody to hear their own thoughts.

Challenging the storm, an airplane keeps moving forward, Constant, unavoidable, and uninterruptable like the natural phenomenon of a tornado. Until it desires to stop for its final destination, where a pair of structures were waiting.

The airstrip blinked its lights along the road, inviting the plane to touchdown. The small turbine jet went silent, and the craft graciously glided, nice and easy, ignoring the chaotic surrounding, while bringing the landing gears.

A few spotlight towers turn their beams towards the aircraft. Purple-ish blue, with yellow edges, with emblems painted in on the side wings, and the fin, right before the rudder. The drawing consisted of a pair of yellow and white animal tails, forming a crooked 'T', with the left side of the pair getting divided into very little purple squares, in a sense of fragmentation of the image. Once the plane has parked in a road outside the main landing strip, the dual-cockpit canopy erected, but only a single figure emerged. It wore a cloak, hiding it completely from the raging droplets, and the light.

The figure slowly walked away towards a large three-store building on the other side. There were a few glassy windows, and a human outfitted with military gear hanged in a chair by a double door frame, somewhat safe from the rain under a marquee, contemplating the falling water and the approaching person.

"I wish to speak to him." the hooded figure said.

"He's in the middle of a training session, giving a beating over the recruits, but I'll tell him you are here." the human soldier stood still, his height towering the intruder. "Your aircraft has a top-priority-friendly IFF signal, but... who are you?"

The hood has quickly turned into small particles of glowing green, fragmented bit by bit, floating away into nothingness. A female mobian lynx with grey smooth hair, her fur with a washed-out shade of brown. The tips of her ears, along with her hands, which one day were cleanly black and dark, have greyed out as well.

Several spots of fur around her body were plain white while she wore a purple vest with twin wide black strips on the sideways, along with black long pants and black plain boots. Jewelry was present on her outfit, with two golden earrings being carried in her left ear. Her right hand had a small silver bracelet with a purple shining gemstone, and her left hand carried a golden ring in the ring finger.

"An acquaintance of him, from a long time."

The human has escorted the lynx inside the building until they reached a white, big room, filled with mats. A dozen of people, human and mobian alike, were aligned in three rows, paying attention to the central figure who was shouting at them. Words of inspiration paired with words of intimidation. Black quills with smaller red shades along, an imposing presence despite the smaller stature of a mobian. His red eyes turned to the attention of the new visitors. With a simple gesture of his hand, all of the people have left the room in a rush.

"Greetings, Shadow. I apologize for interrupting your work."

"Hello, Nicole." the hedgehog bowed, "It's been almost a year since we last met, in your husband's funeral, I believe."

"Yes..." she faintly replied, "I have a few inquiries."

"You could have contacted me through a comm-channel, this rain is nothing for your processing power."

"It would be feasible, but I wish to discuss a personal subject. I'm aware how organics feel more intimate and legit when engaging in a conversation 'in the flesh'." she used her hands to signal the slang. "Well, as much as flesh as this platform can be."