"You're lucky I misjudged you for a deer. I could have shot you somewhere vital."

"Wouldn't have mattered. Only silver bullets cause a problem. Regular bullets are just a nuisance- OW!"

Elizabeth dropped the bullet into a small bowl and set her tweezers down.

"Either way, I'm not a sorry shot so..."

"I believe you."

"Good thing I remembered you being an odd color from the last time." Gretchen said.

"You've seen his werewolf form before?"

"Once. That's um... when I left and ended up working for you, ma'am."

"Oh. Hand me that sling." Gretchen handed her to the cloth she was pointing to as she moved Higgs' arm around. "Well, I hope there's no hard feelings. I honestly didn't know that was you."

"Of course you didn't and no, no hard feelings. I'm not sure why I ended up so far away from my usual stomping grounds, so technically I was trespassing on your property."

"I guess I'll let it slide." She said with a wink. "We'll call it even."

"Deal. You're very good at patching up bullet wounds." He said, looking at the bandaging.

"Where I live is actually the hunting cabin for my family. Every winter/early spring, my family hosts a hunt on the grounds. Everyone brings their hounds and we hunt whatever the hounds happen to catch wind of. That being said, I may be a good shot, but drunken old men and inexperienced boys are usually not. I spend most of the time after the hunt dealing with wounded calves, hands, and feet."

"I see... I would have never imagined you as a hunter."

"She's the best of her family. She's won many prizes as well as a few trophies in tournaments." Gretchen said proudly.

"Gretchen, you sing my praises too well."

"She's such a natural while she's out there. I've only ridden with her once in a true hunt and she reminds me of how the Celts used to be. Such precision."

"It's a lasting hobby for me. It's something I love to do."

"What do you hunt?" Higgs asked, trying to stay comfortable sitting on a stump naked.

"Deer mostly, but it's usually whatever I feel and whatever is around. For a quick shot I will go after pheasants and crows."

"Crows?"

"Damnedable things. They eat the bait as well as hover over your kill. They're about as bad as trying to farm... Silly question, but I don't presume you hunt, do you?"

"Not like you do and not often. I'm not fond of it. It makes me feel more of an animal than I already feel."

"I thought not. Merida had mentioned something about I when she came over a long time ago. The waiting area is also our um... spoils area. Lots of stuffed kills and such."

"Well, to each their own."

"I don't think I shot you anywhere else so you should be good to go. Would you like for me to send you back in a carriage?"

"No, I can walk."

Elizabeth blinked. "All the way back in nothing but your skin? That's way too far to walk and far too long for exposure."

"I'm a werewolf so the journey isn't much."

"But you're naked."

Higgs fidgeted. "Yes, well... nothing new."