Chapter 4

Kaiyan waits in front of the villagers at the entrance to the village. 

Aang and Katara can be seen walking up to them. 

The children are happy to see Aang and run towards him while the adults are not happy one bit and displeased. 

Katara sees the look in Kaiyan's eyes and sees that he's far from happy with them. 

Aha I knew it said Sokka. 

You signaled the Fire navy with that flare said Sokka. 

You're leading them straight to us, aren't you? said Sokka. 

Aang didn't do anything! said Katara. 

It was an accident said Katara. 

You accidently set off a signal flare on a Fire Navy Ship?! a ship you were not even supposed to be on? asks Kaiyan. 

Yeah... we were on the ship and there was this booby trap and well we boobyed right into it said Aang. 

What were even doing on that ship or even close to it Katara? asks Kaiyan. 

Katara you shouldn't have gone on that ship said Gran-Gran. 

Now we could all be in danger said Gran-Gran. 

Don't blame Katara said Aang. 

I brought her there said Aang. 

It's my fault said Aang. 

You what?! said Kaiyan. 

Why did you take her there? didn't she tell you it was forbidden? asks Kaiyan.

She asked me to teach her Waterbending, and I told her to be a bender, she had to let go of fear said Aang. 

She didn't want to go on the ship, but I convinced her so please don't be angry with her said Aang, 

One of the first things I was taught as an Airbender was not to be afraid of my element. So, I figured the same thing could apply to Waterbending said Aang. 

Not to fear your element? sound advice, but this thought Kaiyan.

Kaiyan sighs and closes his eyes

The rules are in place for a reason Aang said Kaiyan. 

No matter how good your indentations were, your actions have put us all at risk said Kaiyan. 

Aha! the traitor confesses! said Sokka. 

Warriors away from the enemy said Sokka. 

Aang you can no longer stay here, leave said Kaiyan. 

Kaiyan you're mistaking please said Katara, 

No, we're keeping our promise to dad, protecting you form threats like him said Sokka. 

Aang is not our enemy said Katara. 

Don't you see? Aang's brought us something we haven't had in a long time: fun said Katara.

Fun? We can't fight Firebenders with fun said Sokka. 

You should try it sometime said Aang. 

Get out of our village now said Kaiyan. 

Grandmother please, don't let them do this said Katara.

Katara, you knew going on that ship was forbidden said Gran-Gran. 

Kaiyan and Sokka are right. I think it best if the Airbender leaves said Gran-Gran. 

We have to prepare for battle said Kaiyan.