Chapter 21

Alaric wasn't sure what to exactly make of her attitude.

She hasn't said a single word since they left Linphea, hasn't done anything really but walk beside his side but keep distance between them with an unreadable expression on her face and her eyes freed of any emotions.

Was he walking into some sort of trap? Was everything she did nothing but an act? If so, then he must say the performance was something that was not only unbelievably realistic, but also something reminding him yet again how she's so much like Libitina.

But nevertheless, he was disappointed. Whether or not she was putting on a performance, it was still smart to realize running or hiding away from what destiny proclaims was downright impossible to do.

But, on the other hand, if this wasn't an act, then he still wondered what it was that made her change her mind.

They had finally made their destination, which was the very heart of the Dark Dimension, where darkness was eternally and daytime was close to as nonexistence. After Rosalina became Libitina and gotten what she wanted, she wanted a private kingdom and castle on her own. She chose the dark dimension, picking the right lone planet and location to build her empire, and he spent countless days to weeks to months working nonstop with zero delay on making her a castle enough but beautiful, powerful with the enchantments of dark and protection spells, and would be absolute perfection.

The castle reminded Flora of the dark hideouts villains from the fairy tales her mother read her at night when she was young. The setting dark and dead and at a gloom and dark-looking forest that was too sad to look at, a thick fog hazing up the airspace and was hard to see exactly where you're opposed to be going, till you're in front of the tall black ivory gates adorned with twisted, sharp vines. The whole building looked old but seemed ageless in a way, luxurious like a mansion but twenty times grander than a palace. Tall towers wide in length and tall enough to reach the skies and huge mansion palaces were all connected to the grand castle that was about ten times the size of Sunnyvilla Paradise hotel with doubtless had close to millions of rooms inside, hundreds of secret passageways leading to even more rooms, and tunnels leading to underground. Not only that but behind was a beautiful courtyard in the back with a fountain that was probably the oldest-looking thing in the whole place, a bridge way over a musky-looking but deep waters.

Flora took a look around the estates as memories she hasn't had before were flooding to her mind, until finally the last dip of memory was restored and she remembered absolutely everything. Every detail of her old past life. She was remembered how happy she was when Alaric revealed her new home, thinking it was all so perfect. Remembering her and Alaric holding hands as they took a walk in the back, sometimes kissing. Remembering walking through her favorite rooms, prisoners being brought into the dungeon to await their brutal punishment, the beautiful rosebushes she planted of black full-blossom roses able to seduce someone with its' beauty to come closer but were deadly to the touch.

She saw the roses, in over a hundred, were still there, the only plant actually alive in this place. Full-blossom, their scent so fresh and sweeter than any flowers she ever smelled before. Their beauty was great; she almost wished she could touch the velvet-looking petal. She knew better than to do such a thing like that, recalling if one were to ever do such a thing than that person would be dead in an instant.

"I see a dark beauty has attracted the attention of another beauty," Alaric said when he noticed her eyes lingering on her prized flowers, sneaking behind her. "They were your favorite flowers and I had more of you while you were gone."

It's a shame they weren't beautiful and tempting you into touching one of their petals, then all out problems would have been cured, Flora wished she could say to his face but said nothing as she only thought it in her head.