chapter 1 (Sadie Jones)

"hey Sadie!" , I looked up as my manager Mrs. Jeffries shouted to me. "Get off of social media and work for once. If your going to continue working here, I need you to be focused on the customers and not who's dancing to some silly TikTok videos."

I rolled my eyes and put my phone into my back pocket.  I gave Mrs. Jeffries a fake smile and continued to work. I hated working here! I work at a place called "Ben's Bar & grill". The pay was okay..plus the tips. I planned on saving up enough money to move up out the projects and grow further in life.

I moved out my parents place when I was 19 & got a cheap 1 bedroom here in Bedford Heights, Atlanta ga. It wasn't that I was homeless or going through anything..I just simply wanted to be in my own space no matter what. Nothing's like your own rules, and doing whatever you want when you want.

My mom's was a little sad about it at first because I was just like that best friend she came home to everyday to talk about all the problems at work, minus the mommy talks and being told what to do. I have a 15 year old brother, Jacari Jones. Me and him have the best relationship and we love each other dearly. I still stop by my parents every now and then to kick it with him.

When I First moved here to Bedford Heights, I was the most happiest teenage girl ever! I mean come on, a one bedroom for 500 a month with utilities included. I was on the waiting list for a long time though...it's hella young bitches even with kids trying to get they're own spot right now, even if it was a fucking tent. you'd be surprised.

"Hey cutie!" ,My thought were interrupted by a male customer. "Yes, what can I get for you hun" I said smiling as I walked over to his table. I'm not going to lie..he was kind of cute.. dar skinned & tall with a beard like Rick Ross.  A snapback to match his fit, plus a gold Cuban chain that look as it was customized to his preference. I couldn't help but to get a whiff of his calgogne as I took out my notepad to take his order.

" Wassup ma, let me get three shots of  Dalmore 62, and 10 piece hot, Extra seasoning on the fries". He said looking back into his phone. "Gotcha"! ,I walked back into the kitchen to prep his order. A few moments passed by and everything was ready.

"Here you go", I said slowly placing everything on his table. "Preciate it" He said , putting his phone down ready to devour. As I began to walk awake, he softly grabbed my arm and said.." you're beautiful as fuck" with a small grin. Omg his teeth was just perfect and I... just felt a tingling sensation. " Thank you" I said shyly walking away.

Three more hours had passed by and next thing you know, time to get off. I stood outside, smoking a blunt I had pre-rolled before I got here for work today. It was so busy, that I wasn't able to take my daily break; which had me pissed, because it's a must I have a buzz before coming in this motherfucker. Hating ass hoes on a daily plus thirty ass niggas that came up in here tryna flirt and shit.

"Beep!", a small grey 2019 Toyota pulled in front of me. It was my Lyft ride home. " Sadie?" The driver asked..."yes it's me" I confirmed and she drove off. On the way home I was thinking about today's shift and other shit. Mostly, how I planned on saving to move out this shit and elevate.

"Thank you" I said as I got out of the Lyft. I grabbed my keys out my purse and let myself Into my apartment. Don't get it twisted now, on the outside it was the projects and not best looking, but on the INSIDE, it was Luxurius. When you walk in, you see my living room; which was filled with a beautiful Black sectional sofa with white furry pillows to accommodate it.

Then, I had a beautiful furry fluffy white center rug in front of the sectional, with an authentic glass coffee table with magazines and decor on top of it. My walls were filled with elegant paintings and mirrors, my shelves were accommodated with Chinese vases, wild plants, books, and a alot more of beautiful things that I , and the help of my mom put together.

I took off my shoes soon as I entered inside."ahhhhhh" finally home and can chill. I looked inside my fridge to see what I'd make for myself since I got tired of my jobs good everyday. there I had some chicken Alfredo and garlic  bread buns I made yesterday before work.

After eating I took a fresh hot shower that felt so amazing to my skin. I put on my silk two piece pajama set I bought offline and my teddy bear shaped fuzzy slippers.