☆Chapter 3~Hope's Dilemma☆

Five hours. That's all we got until The siren's wails pierce through the silence of the park, stabbing through your train of thought.
"Good afternoon, remaining guests.

The time has come," Mackey's voice dims. "for something a bit different. You see, I have not been entirely honest with you, such as one of you has not been honest either."

There's a long stretch of silence, the dread sinking into your skin like a hook and dragging you into the depths of despair.

"One of your is a traitor. A false. One who works under me is among you all. How do you feel about that?" You can practically hear Mackey's neck crack as he tilts his head.

"That is not the main announcement, I felt the need to come clean, is all.

...

You are losing your memories. Day by day you are starting to forget what it is you once belonged to. Memories of your friends and family are slipping away. To keep this from happening... you must perform a specific task," He pauses. "Of your choosing."

"Do this task repetitively, everyday, and a good amount of your memories will be kept."

"...of course, repetitive tasks such as breathing or blinking does not count."

The thumping of sirens marching further away from you is all you hear afterwards.

Memories of your normal lives were gradually being taken away. There is also someone among the people who works with Mackey.

LOCATIONS:

The Heart - A looming castle that lies at the heart of the park. It's spiraling towers that reach up and up like a hand clawing for something to grasp. It gives off a very heavy energy, and walking inside greets you with the image of a castle, a former shell of it once was. The walls are covered in black rot and veins pierce through the fancy tiled floors, vines, organic and inorganic circling the pillars and gathering at the top of the ceiling into a messy, black clump of constantly moving sludge...

The Ventricle - It's a long stretch of road with small buildings flanking both sides, all the little buildings seem to have been overrun with some soot-colored rot, spreading over the exterior and piercing the grass, black veins weaving out and under through the dirt and spreading onto the sidewalk and cobblestone street. There are street lamps that don't provide the light they used to, the closer they are to The Heart means the darker the lights become. The road finally splits into a street circling a large statue...

The Atrium - A big circus tent is set up nearby the castle, stripes red and white lining the fabric. Slipping through the entrance, is a circus ring... meant to be empty, but there's black veins gathered everywhere, tangled in the audience benches and poles holding up the tent. There's a big black ball in the center of the ring, and it reacts with subtle movement if you touch it.

The Aorta - It's another decently large building within the area, it looks like a Town Hall building from the sight of the plaque outside reading as such. It's bricks are red and colorful, but worn from age and decay, the black soot making this building it's victim as well. It only spreads further inside the building, the floors and walls practically covered with the inky black tendrils and splotches. It feels like the room is breathing all around you.

--

Btw, only 1 hour until the death because time in the game is the same as time irl

and the death in the game is only 58 minutes after the reveal of the motive

so i'd stay up for just a bit longer