Chapter 2 : King of The Spider

Prelude of the chapter

 The spider-boy had woken up in a daze. Webber got up and analyzed his surroundings. He looked down at the spiders already up watching him. Webber had wanted to speak to the spider but refrained, talking so loud could bring attention. He had already planned for today, but before that must come a very important event. Breakfast. Webber had searched for some berries or any kind of food he had. He managed to find six berries that luckily hadn't spoiled over night. He shoveled down on the berries and quickly got up, eager to explore. Yes, the part of his plan was to get up and explore the vast land in front of him. Webber ought to walk in one direction and come back that same way, he was a natural at making a mental map to follow back when he finishes his exploration. 

Now onto the more important stuff!

Zip. The backpack Webber carried was stuffed and ready. he got up on his two feet and climbed on a rock to look for north. Just like a dog, he was able to barely sense the earths magnetic field. He pointed towards north. He began running through the plains, All the butterflies and flowers around him. He smiled, and slowed down. The sight was so pretty. The boy had loved nature, and wanted to admire the view and possibly pick some flowers. He had already forgot about his plans of exploring and was easily distracted. 

A quick part that I don't recommend reading this one paragraph

A flower brightens up and opens it petals to shine of the sun. It gets picked by Webber. He runs along the plains as fast as he can. He was having so much a fun. The spiders could barely keep up however so Webber had to slow down. He gave the spiders an annoyed look. The spiders looked back confused. Webber shrugged it off and kept walking forward. 

Ahead of Webber was a dull and monotone pine forest. So much trees rooted into the dirt and the eventual, but rare occurrence, of a single butterfly and a couple of flowers. The trip the spider-boy had planned was thought to have lasted until dusk but at the rate the boy was going, it would take a day or two to get home. He kept walking until he saw a silky-white nest in the distance. He rushed over to it and blew into his webby whistle. No spiders crawled out. He stood their for a couple seconds in silence and turned around and began to walk away with a sad expression on his face. Something crawled and brushed up against his leg, in which he initially thought it to be one his spiders. 

"Not now friend." He looked at the spider, but didn't recognize it. "Wait... I don't know you." He examined the spider closely until it hit him. "A new Spider-Friend!" He thought.

The boy rustled through his backpack and found meat and pigskin. He had to make a choice whether to give the spider the meat or keep it for himself. The spider had already made its choice though, and lunged for the food in his hand. Before Webber could react, the food was already gobbled up and consumed. Webber scoffs at the spider. Other spiders saw the spider eating and sauntered up to Webber. He looked around confused. He was surrounded by spiders that all looked the same. As if in the position to give a speech, Webber raised his fuzzy hands.

"Ahem!" The spiders looked up at him. "All of you can be our friend! But we need to work together and fight the monsters of this place to feed all of us!". Twenty-one spiders had left and only fourteen had stayed, including the original spiders that Webber had befriended. Webber looked down and sighed after seeing most of the spiders had left. He continued walking north but hadn't noticed the extra spiders that were following him. 

The Sky had darkened, and the land was devoid of light. Webber had a torch in hand walking throughout the night. He was tired and ready to go to bed. But where was there to set up camp? Webber studied his surroundings and walked up to a tree. He felt safe under the piney leaves of tree and set down a straw roll to sleep on. He put out the fir on the torch and quickly hid under the tree with his spiders and soon fell asleep.

Prologue of Webber seeing Wilson, Willow, and Wendy

Webber jolted awake, escaping his dream. He felt a strange presence. The spiders had hissed at the noisy sound of people talking. Webber rolled up his straw roll and hastily ran to a nearby bush. He hid behind the push and peeked over to see the people walking by. A spider hissed alarming the group of 3. 

"What was that?" A women had said.

The man signaled the group to all get their backs to face each other, forming a triangle where no one could sneak up on them. The man had a spear out, the women had an axe, and the girl had nothing in hand. They all looked around but found nothing. 

"Strange..." The man scratched his chin.  "Lets continue our travel shall we?" The other two nodded and they all cautiously stepped away from the area. Webber sat their at the bush amazed. "Real people? New Friends? Would they hurt me?" So many thoughts ran through his head. He noticed the trail opposite of where they were heading. It could very well lead to their camp. As nosy and curios Webber was, he decided to ditch his previous plan and quickly ran up the trail.

"Hold on, I forgot something." The blonde-haired girl said. She ran back down the trail to grab her garland. She arrived and her garland was still intact. As she went to pick it up she heard a spider hiss at her. What disturbed her most about it was the smile the spider had on its face. The garland pulled out her axe and slowly approached it. The spider decided to ignore it and ran to Webber at the noise of his webby whistle. The girl stood there, confused what to do. It was silent. Moments pass and her flower glows and a ghost with a pretty flower on its head comes out. The girl said no words and turned around to run back to the group. 

The girl arrived to see her group. 

"Oh hey Wendy did you find-" The women stopped at the sight of Wendy's ghost sister.

'Abigail's Back." Wendy said

"Oh! nice..." The women said sarcastically.

"What were you looking for Wendy?" The man said.

"I dropped my garland back where we heard that strange noise." Wendy said.

"Wilson, C'mon lets get going now." The women said.

"Willow's right, we need to get to rocky area, we're running low on resources." Wilson said.

"There's something important though, I saw a spider walk down our trail to home."

"A spider? It couldn't do much to our home anyways." Wilson thought. "I'm sure it'll be fine, all the food is in the ice box. There's no need to worry about that okay?" Wilson looked down at Wendy and her always deadpan expression. 

Wendy looked down and muttered "Okay" under her breath. They continued their travel towards the rocky area.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed reading this. Please feel free to comment for more or criticize what I could improve on or add. Have a good day!