Chapter 1

I stood behind the same old wooden counter in the old coffee shop, just waiting for yet another rude and boring customer to walk through those creaky doors I had been staring at for the last twenty minutes. I groaned quietly when I heard the same annoying chime of the bells I've heard a thousand times. I was expecting one of those cranky old people or obnoxious teenagers, or someone normal, to come up to the counter, but no. Normal? Not even close.

"Can we get five hot chocolates?" murmured the tall dark skinned one, obviously not happy about being in this stupid town.

"Lad, calm down. It's just five dancers and singers we need", Liam said into Zayn's ear, still loud enough for me to hear, while patting his shoulder.

I dared not to ask what the teddy bear like boy assured Zayn's of. "Um...uh..." I stood for about ten seconds looking like a retard in front of the most famous people in the world.

"Excuse me, ma'am, what exactly is our total...?" Harry, the boy with the luscious curls and emerald green eyes questioned, also staring at me like I was mad.

"Oh my gosh," I blurted out, finally managing to pull myself together,"I'm so sorry. Your total would be $10".  Why am I always such an idiot? I thought to myself.

After I collected the money, the attractive, yet unhappy, boys left the worn down coffee shop.

I'm 18-year old Quinn Fleming. I work in my family's coffee shop (duh!), and I can't wait to get out of this stupid town. I want to  become a professional dancer or singer, basically anything that'll get me out of here. Maybe Broadway? Oh well, I'll figure that stuff out later. My mom and dad basically hate me, well, step dad. My real dad is somewhere off in this world with his own family and stuff like that.

"Quinn Nicole Fleming! Come here right now!" shouted my mother in her deep, annoying, and not to mention, loud voice.

I wanted to moan and groan but didn't due to the fact that I didn't want to be grounded and have my phone taken away from me again. I slowly dragged my tan body to her tiny office in the back of the shop. When I reached the skinny woman, she was holding up a wrinkly piece of yellow paper in her bony hands.

"Look! The band you like, Two Directions or something, are holding try-outs for new dancers. I know how much you like to dance so I'm giving you the day off tomorrow for you to try out. No exceptions," she shouted at me, while smiling.

I didn't even remind her that it was One Direction. I threw my arms around her neck. "Oh. My. Gosh. Thank you so much!"

"I love you so much, honey", she whispered in my ear.

I was shocked. "Um...Love you...too".