~Fourteen~

When we woke up, I realised that Kristen was not in bed.

Shifting out of bed, I went out of the room to find her, only to have this unbelievable aroma hit me. Turning the corner, I saw her having an apron on and cooking in her.... bra. Her apron was tied around her waist.

I stumble, the sight shocking me as nearly fell. She turns around and smiles, spatula in hand.

"Good morning!"

She greets cheerfully. I give her a dumbfounded look. She just breezed past her 'unique' choice of clothes for someone who said that they didn't want to get intimate.

"What's with.... what's with the... uh.. the outfit choice?"

I'll be honest, she caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting to see that this early in the morning. We have to get to work soon, and I don't think this is a good way to start the day.

"Oh, this? I don't have any clothes here so I thought I'd just us my shirt as an apron of sorts. I don't want to dirty my pants."

Mouth agape, I look to my counter top and open the first drawer. I took out an apron that I had.

"Here..."

She looks at the apron and starts to smile sheepishly. I mean, I can't blame her. She respected my space by not rummaging through the contents of my drawers.

"You know, it's ok. I don't need it anymore. I'm almost done here!"

Sighing, I put the apron back into the drawer and walk to the coffee machine, pouring some coffee beans into it and waiting for it to boil and make the drink that does nothing to me anymore.

"What'd you make?"

I ask, head on my hand as I pulled up a chair near the counter, watching the liquid drain and enter the pot. Having not woken up at 7 am for a long time, I was pretty sleepy.

"You'll see!"

With my head on my hand, I dose off, almost scalding my forehead on the hot surface of the pot.

"Ok, breakfast's ready!"

It's amazing how she has this much energy at 7 in the morning when I look like such a dead fool. My eyes were droopy and my body wouldn't sit up properly, let alone walk.

I feel her hand tugging mine and I woke up getting my crutches and settling down across her. My eyes were still mostly shut, and I didn't see what she placed in front of me until she splashed me with some cold water.

I jump up, the cold temperature sending a shock down my entire body.

"Wh-what?! What?!!?"

I see Kristen shriveled up in a corner, holding a small cup in her trembling hands. It's as if I was managing a kid. Groaning, I wipe my face and plop back down onto the chair, sighing.

"Heh.... sorry.."

"It's ok..."

Seeing that I wasn't mad at her, she hastily places cutlery next to my plate and scurries back to her seat as I used my shirt to clean the remaining water off my face.

"Come on, eat!"

She licked her lips and stared intently at the food, grasping her cutlery in her hands tightly before diving in and tearing apart the waffles.

"I have waffle mix?"

"No, you don't. I got some from the cafe!"

"You what? You got some waffle mix from the cafe? What time did you wake up?!"