Chapter 3

Xavier's POV
I've lost at least 10 pounds and it feels good, but I need to lose more. But today is my fourteenth birthday and I can find my mate! My father told me that there is a pack that will be going to ours since they needed to remodel their old one. He did they future Alpha is sixteenth and would be with Cody.

Speaking of which he was excited to have a new friend. Cody is the golden boy, never skipped a day in his life, and straight A's, and everyone likes him. Sometimes I'm jealous of Cody he has good looks. Has my dad's black hair and my moms blue eyes like me.

But he towers at 6'3, he's like a freaking giant! I dressed in yoga pants and a sweater, Cody seemed pleased at the improvement and nodded his head towards the car. "Happy birthday Xav" he hugged me once we were outside "thanks" I smiled at him.

I ran my tongue over my braces when I was nervous. I was anxious and I didn't know why. The car ride was filled with us making weird animal noises, stumbling from the car we held our stomachs as we laughed, "I'll see you soon" I panted as we caught our breath.

"After school, meet me here" he fist bumped me and we went our separate ways. Today was weird, people were nice! I still kept my head now and didn't speak to anyone. It wasn't until after school when I smelt mint and chocolate, my favorite smell.

But Rosa was howling in excitement, someone laid their hand over my eyes "guess who?" they said "Cody" I deadpanned and he pouted "not fair" he whined. I laughed and got in the car, "mom wants to take us out to Leo's so dress in jeans" he told me as he drove.

Leo's diner, the best tasting food you will ever meet. "Fine with me" I shrugged as he pulled into our long drive, "get dressed we leave soon" my mom yelled from the kitchen as I made my way up to my room "ok" I called back. I dressed in jeans and kept my sweater and converse on.

I slowly walked down the stairs and hugged my mom "happy birthday baby girl" she whispered in my ear and we broke a part. "Ready?" my dad asked and we nodded and climbed in the car, we all laughed at the stores Cody told us. He was the easy going one of our family.

We pulled into the diner and my father stopped me at the door "the Alpha, Luna, and future Alpha will be joining us, is that ok?" my dad asked me and I smiled brightly. "Sure" I chirped and he side hugged me. As we neared the table the scent returned and I met the eyes of a blue eyed black haired beauty.

Cameron's POV
I sat at the table with my mom Alison and my father Owen as we waited for Alpha Tristan and his family. Apparently it was his daughters birthday. The Luna and future Alpha showed up first and I recognized him as Cody Dallas, "hey man" I got up and bro hugged him.

"What's up" he sat across from me "it's my sisters birthday" he grinned. He must love his sister. "Here they are now" Luna Ariana said and my father rose from his seat to greet Alpha Tristan. A girl with braces,glasses, zits, and pimples stood beside him.

That's his daughter?

She smelled from vanilla and cherry, so heavenly. 'Mate' her eyes locked with mine and I griped the table. She sat next to me and my grip tightened.

Through out the whole dinner I gripped the table, I could feel her eyes on me. "Excuse me" I said in a clipped tone and I left the diner "I'll go" her voice was like velvet. I stood outside the diner pacing in anger. "What's wrong?' she asked concerned.

"I don't want you" I told her bluntly "I need a strong Luna, who is sexy and confident. Not a metal mouth and zit faced kid" I spat at her. Tears stung her eyes "I Cameron Grey Winters reject you as my mate and Luna" I told her smugly. Her face was blank as the tears rolled down her cheeks.

"You'll regret that Cameron, just you wait" she spat and stormed off. Smiling widely I practically skipped back into the diner.

I never wanted my mate anyways.
-/-/-//-/-/-/-//-/-//-/-/-/-/-//-/--/-/-//-/-/-/-//-/-/
Pic of Cody!