Chapter 21

Mia's POV

I followed Bane around, I felt cold and hollow. My dress was stunning and all but I wanted normal clothes. I wanted the comfort of my own belonging.

"Mia talk to me, you're giving me nothing" Bane says as he sits on the bench in the garden. I stand in front of him and avoid his eyes by looking at the beautiful, vibrant roses.

"Mia!" He calls my name, my eyes snap to his and he flinches under them. "What happened?" He asks me softly, his eyes shone with curiosity and care.

I could only shake my head, his face falls and he looks at his lap. "I really wish you'd tell me so I can help" he says again for before looking at me under his lashes. A cold wind swept over me, chilling me to the bone.

"Mia please, let me be your big brother, your protector" he says passionately making tears come to my eyes. 'I'm sorry' I mouth before running out of the garden, "Mia!" He calls after me.

Ignoring his calls I run into the house in search of my body. I came across it in a huge hospitable room full of my family. My mom was weeping into dads chest, Alex, Chase, and Noah all hung their heads.

Walking over I stand in front of my mom, "I should have been there for her!" She cries. More coldness seeps into my bones, I caused this. "Maria you didn't know" my father tries to comfort her.

"But I'm her mom! I'm supposed to help her, I'm supposed to know!!" Mom sobs. My father looks down at her then at me, sadness in his eyes.

More coldness.

"All of us didn't know, we should have seen it in her eyes" my father whispers lowly into my moms ear. Nothing works as he tries to console her, the coldness was eating at me.

I could feel it, my body was freezing cold. There was nothing I could do to stop it.

Kissing my mother and father on the head I walk over to my body, passing through the light in the window warmth filled me. It killed the cold in an instant. But as soon as I was out of the sun the cold was there.

I look long and hard at myself, covered in scars, tattoos and piercings. What did my mates see in me? Why would they want someone who was rejected?

Rejected.

That word bounced around in my mind, creating even more coldness. With a shiver I collapse on the floor, holding myself while trying to keep warm. Looking down at my arm I notice my veins were turning light blue.

It was the same arm that had black veins in witch form.

What was going on?

Panic crept in making it had to breathe, my breath was coming in short pants. Darkness was creeping in, I was falling into it. There was no escaping it.

Then the numbers set in, it stared from head then ended with my toes.

Just before I blacked out I heard someone calling my name.

"Mia!" They called, again and again. But it was no use.

I was drowning in darkness.

Ethan's POV

After my episode was over and I calmed down Grayson showed me the heart she had drawn in the mirror. In my haste I had punched the mirror breaking it, her heart had split in half.

Walking over to mirror I examine it, a single piece of glass was left in the corner. But most of it on the floor in shards. "Ethan what are we going to do?" Grayson asks from behind me.