Home

Y/N's POV

It's been a few days since I finally met Maria. She's older that me and looks like someone who has job and family, just perfect life. So why she wants to meet me again? We're going to meet at her house. YES HER HOUSE. She invited me. I'm super nervous. Why she wants to show her house to me? She doesn't know anything about me. Maybe I should tell her my story?

Also from the news I found job. I'm waitress at small bar but it's better that nothing. Customers can be extremely annoying but I can pay for Charlie's food. Only that matters to me.

Maria's POV

Natasha was suprised when I told her that Y/N's gonna visit us.

Nat, look I know she used to work for HYDRA but now it seems that she escaped. Fury sees huge potential in her. She has amazing powers, but at this moment she can't use them properly. If we take care of her, she'll be one of our best agents. And maybe even next Avenger.

But you're not doing all of this only because of her powers.

Nat, are you jealous?

She was silent.

I don't want her to come to my room.

Y/N's POV

I knocked to the door. Maria opened and invited me inside. I took Charlie with me to feel more confident. Every day he grow bigger and stronger.

Maria's house was beautiful. Not so big, but also not small. There were lots of pictures of her and agent Romanoff. I know her from one of my missions. She was seriously injured after our battle.

Also they had a cat. Charlie seemed very excited about that. He ran upstairs to look for him. We both laughed and sat at the table in kitchen. She ordered pizza, so we were eating, when Natasha joined us. I prefered to not talk to her. She gave me suspicious look and started eating.

Then we were watching movie and Nat slowly became more friendly.

Since that event, everyday after work I came to their house. It felt like I lived here. When they both were at home we watched movies or cooked. When only one of them was home we made meal for another and talked. After some time has passed I told them about my life in HYDRA, and powers I can't control. They were very supportive. After they discovered that I was actually 16 not 20 they send me to school and made me quite my job as waitress. Sometimes they let me stay for night. They knew that I haven't any other place to go, so slowly their home became mine too.

Today I had really bad day at school. I failed test cause I couldn't concentrate. Recently my powers changed. I could use them whenever I wanted. That was huge change. So almost everyday I tried new things. But it was bad for my body. I was still weak and too thin.

When I got home I only wanted to cuddle Mike (cat's name) and go to sleep.

Y/N aren't you hungry?

Maria semmed worried about me. Seriously she was now like my mother.

No, thanks.

I wanted to go to my room when I saw Charlie waiting at me. I forgot about his walk. So I took him for short walk. When we were heading back to the house I tripped and fell. Now my hoodie was all dirty and stinky.

Natasha helped me change and washed my hair. I relaxed a bit. After I read few chapters of my new book I fell asleep.

I wake up. It was dark and hot. My heart was pounding definitely too fast. I had a nightmare. I thought that they disappeared when I moved here but surprise. Life couldn't be that good and easy. My hands were shaking when I opened bathroom door. I washed my face and wanted to come back to my room when I saw Natasha standing in front of me.

Y/N? Everything alright?

I had nightmare about my past.

I started to cry. I wanted to forget about my past. But it didn't want let me to.

Shh, it's okay. You're save here.

She hugged me.

You can sleep with us tonight.

I cuddled into her body. Maria woke up confused but then started stroking my hair and whispering in that soft voice.

 Maria woke up confused but then started stroking my hair and whispering in that soft voice

(Art isn't mine)

So there's fluff. I think I'm better at writing Oneshots but anyway thank you for reading. If you enjoyed please vote or comment, it really means a lot for me.
Have a good day/night ❤️