Tragedy of The Willow Boy: Part Two

Just a quick note. If you or someone you know makes edits for Miraculous, I would like to request the song above to be used for an edit. I haven't seen anyone use this version of Umbrella for their edits and I think it sounds so awesome. Plus, umbrellas are so meaningful to the fandom, so it's just perfect! I hope you'll consider it!

Now on to Part Two!

..................................................

Marinette knew it wasn't a good idea to go back to the forest to see Adrien, but the girl couldn't help herself. She had so many unanswered questions. Not to mention, she wanted to see him again. Their exchange was short, but it was enough for Marinette to consider him a new friend. And as his friend, she was concerned. She would lie awake at night thinking about him, wondering if he was alright. He seemed quite frightened of his father. How horrible he must be for his own son to be terrified of him.

Marinette concluded Adrien's father must be the reason for those stories. Adrien himself couldn't possibly. He was so gentle, so kind. Besides, he was the main reason his father didn't find her there.

It seemed the stories were not exaggerated. The prince wasn't human, so it's likely his father is not either. They could have unknown powers.

This was just one of the main inquiries she knew she must settle with Adrien upon her return.

After the lunch rush, Marinette cleaned herself up, then took her basket and filled it with some bread and cheese.

"Bye Mama, bye Papa!" she called as she hurried out of the bakery. She arrived at the woods quicker than usual, huffing from jogging practically the whole way. Marinette just couldn't slow her eager feet.

As she looked onward into the forest, she slowed and eventually came to a stop. Her gaze lingered there, searching for any movement or sign of danger.

Was this really the best idea? She now knew the stories were true, which made this place even more terrifying. What if she ran into Adrien's father on her way? What if she couldn't find Adrien again? What if she got lost, left to wander around the woods for hours, days, weeks, or even years?!

Marinette shook her head at the thought. She was being ridiculous. Certainly, there were dangers, but she couldn't very well let the fear of trying stop her from seeing her new friend, especially when he might need her help.

With her resolve intact, Marinette marched forward into the shady brush, doing her best to find familiar areas.

After several twists and turns, Marinette was sure she was lost. She was probably far away from Adrien, Plagg, and their willow tree, and she had no idea which way to turn to return home.

Just as Marinette thought to sit on the forest floor to rest and clear her head, she heard a voice. Her head snapped up at the sound and swiveled every which way to find the direction it came from.

"Come on, Plagg. It's not that bad."

It was Adrien! He was close!

Marinette had never been so relieved. A smile broke out on her face as she hurried through the trees to find the handsome woodland prince. It wasn't but a minute later she found the clearing, Prince Adrien and his kitty cat sitting at the base of the willow tree.

Marinette pushed away the branches in her way and stepped into the clearing, catching their attention. Adrien's ethereal face lit up upon seeing his visitor, and he stood.

"You came back."

"I said I would," Marinette explained sheepishly, approaching him.

"I thought you might have decided not to, considering I must have scared you half to death with my reaction last time."